ATT didn't allow Apple exchange my iPhone 6 stated in apple's receipt~

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lawmanfox, Oct 2, 2014.

1. lawmanfox macrumors newbie

I preordered my ATT iPhone 6 plus and picked it up at apple store since day 1 (9/19), after couple days use(within 14 days return period), I decided to swap my plus to regular iPhone 6 simply because it's too big for me, which Apple did exchange for me, I got a new silver/white iPhone 6, it's beautiful phone I like it so much, it came with additional 14 days return exchange period, according to Apple's receipt.

However for some reason I can't use white phone at work, so 2 days later after I got the white iPhone 6, I went back to apple store again trying to get a black one ip6, during the process Apple told me that I need to pay full price for the exchange, because it exceeded the 14 days ATT's return and exchange period, despite my white iPhone 6 still has almost 2 weeks Apple's return exchange window.:eek:... it's so frustrated.

How come that happened? Apple never ever told me that ATT's 14 days, instead they just comforted me by saying" if you are not happy with you new regular iPhone 6, you got 14 days to return it or exchange, never mentioned that ATT's has it's own 14 day policy and Apple can't override ATT's.... What am I supposed to do now? .......:(

Thanks.

Kevin

2. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

This is why I usually go for the Apple stores instead of the carriers.

3. zcb526 macrumors newbie

4. ANTAWNM26 macrumors 6502a

ANTAWNM26

Working for putin...lol

5. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Can you post a picture where it says on the receipt you get a brand new 14-day return policy every time you exchange a phone for color preferences? Pretty sure it doesn't say that IIRC.

Someone correct me if I am wrong though.

6. lawmanfox thread starter macrumors newbie

I did go to the apple store and apple were asking for the full price on behalf of ATT, apple explained that to me...... ridiculous then why Att gave me additional 14 days for the white one which ATT is not intend to honor it, it totally mis-leaded me. :mad:

----------

for business purpose we have dress code.

7. lke macrumors 6502a

It is ok to have 2 new iphones in one month, but having 3 iphones in a month it is crazy.

Try painting your iphone or place a black screen protector around the white color

8. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

It's because you did an EXCHANGE and not a RETURN / REBUY. When you exchange it it doesn't affect the date you signed your contract or mess around with your eligibility. This is a good thing because it stops you from having to wait for your upgrade status to be restored in order to purchase a new phone. It's also bad because as you have noticed, it means you are still under the original AT&T eligibly date for returns which is 1 day before Apple's return date.

9. lawmanfox thread starter macrumors newbie

I will take a pic for the receipt and post it up later on. :confused:, it did state clearly that my new return day is Oct. 14~~~

10. Oridus macrumors 6502a

By that logic, you could exchange indefinitely, which doesn't sound right.

11. lawmanfox thread starter macrumors newbie

ATT counts the 14 days start from shipping day, which is 9/18, not even the day i picked it up at apple store....

12. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Seems like that's against the law to start a return period on the day they shipped it rather than the day it's delivered.

13. BrettDS macrumors 65816

The whole thing strikes me as very odd. When apple did the first return, it seems like one of two things must have happened... either they cancelled the original contract within the 14 day grace period and started a new contract, in which case you should have another 14 day grace period.

Or they didn't cancel the original contract and just swapped out the phones somehow. If that's the case then you're going to be past your 14 day grace period. However, in this case, if they did it before without cancelling the contract then I don't see why they couldn't do it again.

I'm not sure that option B is even possible, but that's the only way that I can imagine that you would no longer be within your grace period. Perhaps you need to try a different apple store or ask to speak with a manager.

14. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

Wait, am I reading this wrong? Can you exchange an iPhone you got at an Apple Store at an AT&T store?

15. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Reading it wrong.

He simply bought an AT&T version. He did his pick-up and exchange all at the Apple store.

16. lawmanfox thread starter macrumors newbie

if apple would have noticed me that Att thing, I would not exchange the phone but just simply return it, in that case I know I won't lose my upgrade eligibility at least.

----------

you got it.

17. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Dress code for a phone? Wtf

18. lawmanfox thread starter macrumors newbie

phone is part of the dress code.... i know it sounds weird...but.. that's my job.

19. blackhawk526 macrumors member

blackhawk526

Doubt you have a "dress code" for an electronic device #. Seems like someone at work gave you a hard time with your white phone and it's playing on your mind. it didn't bother you when you bought it so I'd keep it.

Get the leather case if you have to or tell the company to provide you with a phone if it has to be black #.

On another note, you only get a fresh 14 days if you take the phone back and undo the contract. If you exchange (which you did), you still have to original date to go by. Someone should've explained that but they seldomly do.

20. Hal~9000, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014

Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Maybe he works for the black panthers :cool:

"Yo dawg git dat cracka' *** white phone outta mah face b4 I bust u!"

21. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

Hmmm. Then why did you not know your dress code.
    Curious now. :cool:

22. lawmanfox thread starter macrumors newbie

that's team's problem, they should have told me earlier.... :confused:

----------

my company paid the phone!, that's why they dare to claim

23. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I'm sorry, I don't speak jive. Can you translate that for me?

24. cliff clavin macrumors newbie

Buy a case. Stop returning phones for no reason.

25. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's no laws requiring when or if a company dictates their return periods, heck there are stores that don't have returns - at least in the US, I cannot comment on other nations consumer laws.

Then have your company supply you with a phone that meets their dress code. I don't know of any company that dictates what color a phone has to be. Doesn't sound right to me.