ATT Family Plan: Upgrade iPhones and Switch to Verizon on Apple's Website?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CrazyMutha29, Aug 14, 2012.

1. CrazyMutha29 macrumors member

This may be a dumb question, but my wife and I currently have iPhone's on a family plan with ATT. We're planning on upgrading to the new iPhone's when they are released and will be switching to Verizon (we'd like to port our existing numbers). I was hoping that I'd be able to do this on Apple's website, but in clicking through the order process (to make sure I know what I'm doing when pre-order time comes along) I don't see where there's an option to add a 2nd iPhone to the order and provide the necessary information to transfer our second line. Is there a way to do this on the Apple site, or am I going to be better off pre-ordering our new iPhone's directly from Verizon?

Any help or info you all could offer would be a huge help!

Thanks!

2. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

To my knowledge you would have to add it line by line. It may be easier to go into a Verizon store and make the jump.

3. CrazyMutha29 thread starter macrumors member

Does anyone have any experience in doing this? I'm trying to figure the best way to get our family plan moved over from ATT to Verizon.

4. alent1234 macrumors 603

i guess asking apple or verizon is out of the question

5. WeirdBal macrumors newbie

WeirdBal

I don't have experience with this, but I am planning on doing the same when the new iPhone comes out. I called Apple and asked their iPhone sales department if it was possible to open a new carrier account with multiple lines in the same order, and they said no. You will have to order through the Verizon website. Looking at their current online shopping process, you add all of the devices you want to your cart first, then when you check out as a new customer you pick your combined plan for that group of devices. I assume it will work the same for pre-orders.

It would definitely be nice if someone with experience doing this with the 4 or 4S pre-order could chime in with how the process went.