ATT FAN discount only applies to the "plan"?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dsciel, Oct 11, 2012.

1. dsciel, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012

dsciel macrumors regular

I have a FAN discount and that is for 22% and i have a share everything plan. However, it only applies to the $120 (10GB) and each lines charges $30 each...that discount only saved me $20 something and my bill is still close to $400 for 8 lines.

I am wondering if anyone get discount cover the lines added as well

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I've seen a few on here say hey do, but the vast majority do not.

3. EnJaNir macrumors member

It is entirely dependent on the agreement that your company has with AT&T.

You should be able to browse your premiere site to determine how you discount applies to the current plans.

4. antman2295 macrumors 6502

It comes off only the "Big part" aka the data $120. The lines e.a. $30 don't get discounted. And from what I understand there is not a single FAN discount that gives discounts off each "line".

5. EstaVidaLoca macrumors regular

The Pepsico FAN gives discounts on voice and data plans for every line on the account.

6. jarofclay73 macrumors regular

jarofclay73

Wait a minute... $400 for 8 lines. That's $50 per line. That's a deal if they all are smartphones. And still kinda reasonable if some of them aren't smartphones.

7. antman2295 macrumors 6502

But is that off of the Mobile share plan? So your telling me Pepsi gives what ever their discount is, say 25% off of not only the main account holders voice part, but also each line that is 9.99? I know the old unlimited, 2GB and 4GB can have the data discount, along with the new 5GB, but last I knew 3GB, 200 MB and 300MB got no discount.

8. dsciel thread starter macrumors regular

yea, shared plan charges $30 for each smart/basic phones

9. EstaVidaLoca macrumors regular

The lines on my AT&T account are individuals. My mom and my sister use the lines. I switched to Sprint but the discount is 23% and it's taken off of both of their voice and data plans.

10. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I get 22% as well and only applies to the plan. Not iPhone data or text.

11. Uabcar macrumors 6502

I'm hopeful that this situation is just the result of previously negotiated discount structures between AT&T and the Individual companies. My guess is that there were a handful of levers up for negotiation prior to the shared plans and the two most commonly discounted levers were data and voice.... And generally not texting and add-a-line charges.

My hope (and assumption) is that future negotiations between the two parties will include dialog around the various device fees. Hopefully these shared plans will become more attractive over time to those of us with FAN discounts.

Until then, I'm sitting tight with my current family plan with individual data.

12. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

I have 2 lines, both iPhones. I'm getting 22% off my line and the unlimited data plan... I thought I was only getting the discount on my husbands 2GB data plan, but after looking at it, it appears that I getting the discount on his line again...

I've got the 700 minute family plan..they've thrown in 10 A-List number for dropping so many calls on me out here in po-dunk, and no texting plan.
    My bill is $108 a month after the discount. :)

13. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I have 23% off the family plan, plus 23% off each of the 4 iPhones $25.00 data plan which drops to $19.25 each. Shared data is a rip off.

14. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

On my FAN discount they give 23% off the plan and 23% off data.

15. WRIGHTRACING macrumors regular

Not when you got one person who uses a lot of data and one person who uses little. I use around 7GB(2 phone and 5 laptop) between my phone and laptop. Mom had 3GB plan and usually used 1GB of her 3GB plan. Now I can use hers without fear of going over. I also dropped my air card since they dropped my unlimited, so I am saving about $40/month now as well.

We get 20% discount, and it is the same. Discount on data, mins and text, no discount on added phones.

16. ZipZap macrumors 601

Seems that I get 25% off everything except texting.

17. tl01 macrumors 68000

We have 25% off and shared data would save us no matter how much data we choose for our account. We could save between $10 to 70 a month. The $70 a month savings would be giving each unlimited account 5 GB and the tiered would get what they already have. Our plan discounts everything on the old plans except the 9.99 line fee. We haven't made the switch but are considering it.

18. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

I went to the Mobile Share plan when they came out. Prior to that, my discount applied to the voice plan & any data plan over $25. Of our 4 iPhones, 3 had the $30 plans & each of those plans were discounted. The $20 plan was not. On the new Mobile Share plan, only the data plan is discounted -- none of the phones are.

19. Joesmith13245 macrumors regular

I have Pepsi Fan discount. Prior to Mobile share my discount applied to Voice Plan, each phones data(I did not have unlimited on any phone), and the 9.99 for each additional phone.

I did not receive discount on Txt messaging plan which was 30$

20. Joesmith13245 macrumors regular

Shared data plans start to pay off when you have more than 5 devices. In my case once I added a 6th phone under the traditional plan I had to pay for 2 voice plans which increased the cost significantly. With Shared plan this goes away as I can now have up to 10 devices. I Saved over 100$ a month.

At least AT&T gives you the option to use individual plans. Verizon now requires all new users to only choose shared plan.

21. bohbot16 macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

Should be:
    10GB for $120 - 22% = $93.60
    8 smartphones x $30 = $240.00
    Total = $333.60 + fees + tax
    That's $41.70 per smartphone before fees and taxes for an unlimited talk and text plan.

The new Mobile Share plans are a decent deal, but only if you make a family plan out of them (I'm thinking 3 lines minimum).