ATT grandfather 3gs plans?

lukester

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
RI
I will probably get the new 5, unless the plan changes.
So can I get them to grandfather my unlimited data plan that i have on my 3gs?

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
They have not forced anybody to change off the unlimited plan in the past and we've seen no indication so far that they will start doing so. Instead they are trying to "prod" you over by limiting features such as FaceTime over 3G.

lukester

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
RI
I dont care about face time,, believe me, no one wants to see my face.
so if thats the case, a iphone 5 maybe on its way with my old plan.

skidbubble

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2010
No, you will not be grandfathered. The contract you agreed upon with At&T was for them to provide you with 3G. They did not agree to provide you with 4G or LTE or anything else above and beyond what was stipulated in the contract.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
No, you will not be grandfathered. The contract you agreed upon with At&T was for them to provide you with 3G. They did not agree to provide you with 4G or LTE or anything else above and beyond what was stipulated in the contract.
That is false.
People have been upgrading to LTE phones on AT&T for a long time now and they keep their unlimited data plan with the new LTE device.

atticus27

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I just upgraded from an iphone 4 to a galaxy s3 with LTE and kept my unlimited plan

rman726

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2007
we need the downvote option back.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Ignore skidbubble....as usual.