att iphone 5s question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Paulshaqz, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

as of right now even this apple fan boy is pretty much disappointed at todays keynote but with that being said i don't trust myself not buying one within the first week or 2... anyways my question is let's say i buy a 64 gig 5s on a new 2 year contract and i want to sell it in a year when iphone 6 comes out if i get my money back would't i be paying double for the phone instead and have to pay extra out of the contract? thanks in advance.

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

3. hbenitez09 macrumors regular

Look into AT&T next. They recently launched a plan that allows you to get a new device every year. Perfect for apple customers with the yearly upgrade cycle. Cheaper option as well

4. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

lets say i buy a 64 gig 5s and sell it next year i'll probably get my money back but i still have a year left on the contract wouldn't i have to be paying to get out of the contract to put myself in a new contract and pay double on iphone 6 instead of the $399. sorry for the confusion first time hope that helps and makes sense lol.

5. hbenitez09 macrumors regular

You will pay an early upgrade price of the full discount plus 250 dollars. Example guessing that the new iPhone when it launches is also 399 + 250 dollars total price will be 650 with a renewal back to 24 months. Next plan allows you to get a new phone every year without the hassle of having to sell the device yourself and dealing with contracts just a thought.

6. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

Or add a dummy line for $10 per month and upgrade every year.No need to buy a phone for the dummy line either.

7. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

This is what I did. I have one unused line left over on a dumb phone. It is like an emergency phone incase my 5 needs a phone call. I use it for upgrades, too. It is only $10 a month eating out of the same bucket of minutes and texts.