ATT is trying to give me a free phone on NEXT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ricktat, Oct 10, 2014.

1. ricktat macrumors 65816

I got my bill today and one of the 3 Iphone 6's that I bought wasn't showing up on bill for a NEXT payment. This was the first one that I purchased and even the one that I bought a week ago showed up on the bill.

Me being super nice and concerned that ATT will one day penalize me.... called ATT to tell them that my bill was too low. The disagreed and said that it wasn't. I asked how many NEXT lines that I had and they said 2 not 3.

I even called in a second time to say... Do I have NEXT on line XXX-XXXX and they said no.

The line is unable to upgrade and says it can 18 months from now that is the same time as the normal NEXT end time.

Maybe I was drunk and paid it off.

2. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Confused. The line is unable to be upgrade? But you did a Next program on that given line... I would assume that your eligibility would be restored if in fact AT&T didn't sign you up for the Next program.

I'm waiting on getting my bill for my iPhone I did on the Next program.

3. ricktat thread starter macrumors 65816

I had 3 lines that were available for NEXT. So I did NEXT on all 3.

2 of the 3 show up on the bill.

The 3rd doesn't show on the bill but shows that it no longer eligible for an upgrade.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Are you sure that third line isn't on a two year contract now?

5. ricktat thread starter macrumors 65816

No all the lines still show $15 per month.

6. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

I'm in a similar situation, as I have not been billed for my iPhone 6 that I pre-ordered on the Next Plan and got on launch day. I only have a single line on the account, so I was assuming AT&T is just being slow updating accounts after all the transactions last month. My contract date does seem to be extended 20 months before I can get another upgrade, so part of their system knows I got a new phone. I expect the charges to appear on my next bill which won't be until November.

7. ricktat thread starter macrumors 65816

Bill for month 2 hit yesterday and still no NEXT bill for that line.

I have called now like 4 times to tell them to charge me:eek:

They elevated my case and say that I do owe the money... and I know I do... but still aren't charging me.

8. bgro macrumors 6502a

I still haven't been charged for 6+ ordered on lauch day (and delivered in October)

9. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

If you also get a parcel in 6 to 8 weeks then that's what happened! :D