ATT killing off individual data plans in favor of more expensive mobile share plans!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by y-s1, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. y-s1 macrumors newbie

ATT is killing off its individual data plans come Oct 25th and will force new iPhone customers onto its more expensive mobile share plans. http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/11/att-mobile-share-streamline/

Right now an iPhone customer on an individual plan can sign up for $40 for 450 minutes and $30 for 3GB of data. To pay the same $70 per month on a mobile share plan will only allow you 300mb.

To get just 2GB of data as an individual iPhone user on the mobile share plans costs $95! 4GB costs $110 as well! :eek:

Of course the mobile share plans include unlimited talk/text and might work better for those with a lot of lines on the account, but not everyone needs those things and some individual customers would rather forgo having to pay for them in an era of skype, facetime, imessage, and chat apps.

If you were thinking of switching to ATT and don't want to pay triple digits (taxes + fees) you better do it quick.

2. rackham12 macrumors newbie

300MB Mobile share is talk text unlimited plus hot spot

40+30 is 450 minutes 3gb web no hotspot no text

Essentially what Verizon offers

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Great news for T-Mobile. LOL :)

I priced out mobile share and it makes no sense for my account; I'd pay a bunch more than I pay today.

I'll stick it out for now but AT&T just keeps giving me reasons to look elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.