ATT let me add Unlimited to a line that previously had no data plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lwilliams, Nov 10, 2014.

1. lwilliams, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014

lwilliams macrumors regular

lwilliams

I decided to upgrade my wife from her LG phone to iPhone 6 Plus. I am on a grandfathered Unlimited plan with mine. I started trying to put the order through on Premiere Saturday night.

I had to choose her a data plan. The standard choices were there. I picked the 3gb plan. This was near midnight. When I got to the point where you hit continue to go to payment, the site seemed to crash. I kept getting Apache Server error messages. Looks like ATT was updating their site.

When I finally got back in on Sunday, I had to go back through the process all over again. But when I got to the data plans, everything had changed. AND........Unlimited for iPHone on 4G LTE was available for $30 (minus my corp discount). Got ready to pay. CRASH.

So I tried all day today and could not get the phone device page to come up. Finally a few minutes ago, it worked.

She now has her an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Gray, with Unlimited Data ...........coming.....in 28-35 days!!!

2. KPOM macrumors G5

Let us know if it works out and it shows up as unlimited once you get the phone.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So in other words there was a glitch in the system and it let you add it somehow.
    Your thread title AT&T unlimited data available again is not even close to being accurate.

4. lwilliams thread starter macrumors regular

lwilliams

There is no glitch, this is the way that it is now.

Check for yourself.....I don't know if it only applies to Premiere, but it is a very accurate thread title.

5. KPOM macrumors G5

Well, if the glitch is anything like the one on Verizon, it could spawn more new unlimited data plans.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Worth a try but it sure is not officially available again.
    And not a guarantee the glitch will work for everyone out there.

7. ssl0408 macrumors 65816

Unlimited on AT&T is throttled so this doesn't excite me one bit. I'm getting 20GB for the price of 10GB so I'm pretty much set.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You said it crashed and gave you a bunch of errors and more issues, kept crashing and in the end the option came up somehow.
    Read what you posted.

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

Just checked, mocked up adding a line of service to my Premier account.

No Unlimited available. Only choices were DataPro 300MB, 3GB, or 5GB for iPhone on 4G LTE in Personal or Enterprise flavors.

I previously had unlimited for years but dropped it a few months ago in favor of the 10GB Mobile Share since I was never using enough data to justify keeping it. With the 20GB promo I got on board with I'm as good as on unlimited. :D

Do feel free to post up screen grabs as you mock initiate a new line of service on your account. I believe you saw / experienced what you claim, but I also believe your generalization that it's reopened for everyone is a wee bit optimistic given your sample size of one.

10. Gincoma macrumors 6502

Your full of **** :) its not there your going to get people all excited for nothing :(

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Just went to check too.
    Thanks for wasting my time:rolleyes:

12. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Perhaps this requires an unlimited plan to already be on the account (much like the VZW glitch).

I agree the title is misleading. I read a whole lot of more trash on here than this, so I am certainly already over it lol.

13. lwilliams thread starter macrumors regular

lwilliams

You know this may be the case. I just checked my Order Status page. It has changed. It now says (grandfathered) although that line never had a data plan at all on it.

However, on Friday, I could NOT add anything other than the 250mb, 3gb, or 5gb plans. Now, those are all gone. In their place are several Enterprise plans and the Unlimited plans.

So this IS indeed a new development.

Maybe I spoke too soon, but for others that have wanted to add a family member and already have a grandfathered plan, this is great news.

----------

Changed the title of the post.....to something 100% accurate.