ATT Mobile Share Plans and Pricing Announced...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dylanursula, Jul 18, 2012.

1. dylanursula macrumors 6502

All

The ATT Mobile Share plans have been announced.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/18/att-mobile-share/

We have 2 lines in our house with unlimited data and then with text plans we pay $137 excluding taxes and the FAN discount. If we say its really 3Gb per line max, our new cost would be $160. However tethering is included which is a huge PLUS!

2. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

those plans like VZW plans are a rip off. They only are a cost savings if you have multiple devices because phone wise it is way to damn high for less services.

3. dylanursula thread starter macrumors 6502

I do agree - AT&T has gone one step further of reducing the cost for more data 'purchased' however not surprisingly they are not great.

4. Jameswest09 macrumors newbie

As long as I get to keep my current plan with my grandfathered unlimited data as stated i dont care what new plans they introduce

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

is today April 1st ebcause those plans are a joke.

6. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

and so it begins. Att and Vzw in bed with each other, counting their money while their customers take it up the bunghole

7. powaking macrumors 6502

powaking

Wow what a rip. Currently I have:

• iPhone 4 with unlimited data
    • iPhone 4S with 2gb data plan
    • Flip feature phone
    • 550 Family Plan
    • 25% FAN discount (towards voice and data plans)

All together I pay $106. I have no texting but also don't text that much. I would get raped if I went with this shared plan

8. pdutta2000 macrumors regular

One quick question on these plans. If I have a wifi only iPad will I have to pay the extra $10 a month for the tablet or is that only for the 3G capable iPads? I'll want to use the included tethering some times but no way will I pay an extra $10/month for that.

9. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

When the VZW first came out I really thought they were a joke, but comparing what we have and the new plans for AT&T it might make sense.

What we have now:

850 min. Family Plan w/ 2 iPhones - 54.99 w/FAN discount
    Unlimited Family Messaging - 30.00
    3GB Data Pro - 30.00
    2GB Data Pro - 25.00
    + Taxes & Crap= ~$155

New Plan:

6GB Data Plan - 90.00
    2 iPhones - 35.00 x 2 - 70.00
    Total before FAN & Taxes = $160.00
    If the FAN(~20%) counts to the entire bill the new total before taxes is $128.00

It would benefit me more than my wife since she uses only about 700MB, that would leave me the rest of the Data Pool (5GB+)!

Although if ATT pulls this **** about charging for FaceTime I will be looking at other carriers.

----------

If WiFi hotspot is included in these new plans then no you wouldn't be charged anything to connect your iPad to your iPhone's data connection.

The $10 charge is only for data capable iPads.

10. iosuser macrumors 6502a

Yeah seriously, although not surprising. Move for move VZW and ATT do what each other does. One of the few good things a government agency has done is blocking the ATT acquisition of TMo. Just imagine what ATT and VZW will do without Tmo in the way :eek:

We have the same exact plan except I have two 4S with unlimited data, but I only get 19%..

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Wow their data plans seem exceptionally pricey.

12. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

So if I upgrade in fall for new iPhone, I'll be forced to take on the shared data plans?

13. Tronic, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012

Tronic macrumors 6502

Tronic

Has anyone contacted AT&T to inquire how FAN discounts will be applied? Currently mine isn't applied to data but if that changes and it's off the total bill I stand to save about $50 a month between two smart phones/two iPads. If they continue to only apply the discount to the voice/text portion then I'll definitely start looking at regional carriers next upgrade (cricket)

14. BladesOfSteel macrumors regular

BladesOfSteel

While they are more expensive than Verizon, ATT gives you a "break" on the per unit price. For instance, I have 5 iPhones on my plan. So, with ATT I would be paying a total of $150 bucks just for the devices, while on Verizon, it was 200.

Actually, with my FAN discount, I could get my 5 devices and 15GB for about what I'm paying now. Sure 4 of the iPhones lose their unlimited, but really, "unlimited" is so gimped now, I don't think it matters.

15. orangebluedevil macrumors 6502

No mention of forcing us off Unlimited

Interesting that there is no mention of forcing us off unlimited plans. On the other hand, Verizon has said that in order to get the subsidy on the next iPhone you must drop your Unlimited.

As far as I know, ATT hasn't said anything about Unlimited plans, which means I'll be staying with them and just upgrading to LTE.

16. Krayzie116 macrumors 6502

How does this work:confused: looks like I would be paying more if I do this share plan with family right? I know I don't have to go with it when I get the new iPhone right?

right now on our premier account we have 3 iPhone

$60 700 mins
    $30 unlimited family text
    $15 200mb data iPhone 4
    $15 200mb date iPhone 4S
    $30 unlimited data iPhone 4S

around $187.5 with taxes

if we go with the share plan

$90 6gb data
    $35 iPhone 4
    $35 iPhone 4S
    $35 iPhone 4S

that would come around $190 don't think it includes taxes does it? and with the share plan we do get unlimited talk and text right?

17. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Bring the lube, if your joining AT&T's new Data/phone plans.

18. burnside macrumors 6502

That's the one piece of information I was waiting on as well. As long as I can get the subsidy on the next iPhone and keep my current plan I'll be happy and remain with ATT.

19. dylanursula thread starter macrumors 6502

Unlimited on AT&T = 3Gb so I totally agree!

20. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

Only if you take the subsidy, if you pay full retail youll be ok for now

21. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

According to the press release you can stay with what you already have.... of course we heard that with Obamacare too.

22. mjpearce023 macrumors 6502

23. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

That's correct. I think only those using the unlimited data will be pushed into something else. I have a grandfathered unlimited plan for 3 iPhones. So I'm prepared to be told that I need to switch to another plan. That said, I'd actually save $$$ if I went to a 4GB plan for the 3 phones. On average all 3 of us barely use 3GB/month total.

I think anyone with 2 phones or less will see a higher bill, so I think that's why they'll keep the family plans.

24. burnside macrumors 6502

From what I read from the AT&T press release, you should not have to lose your unlimited data plan even if you upgrade:

"Current customers are not required to switch to the new plans, but can choose to do so without a contract extension. There are no changes to AT&T’s device upgrade policy, which means customers eligible to upgrade to AT&T’s best device price are not required to switch plans. The new plans will also be available for business customers."