ATT Next and IPhone Upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by enthawizeguy, Sep 10, 2013.

1. enthawizeguy macrumors 6502

So I am trying to figure out the best way to buy my new iphone. I checked my upgrade on the site and it says i qualify for standard upgrade and next. Does that mean I am pre approved for next ? I don't want to go on there on midnight and than lose my chance of a preorder if its not gonna work otherwise I will just order it from Apple and pay the money upfront. I'd much rather use next though because my cat needs to get fixed and I Have to get a few other things to pay. What's everyones advice on this.

Thanks in advance,
    Ian

2. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Best advice: call AT&T and get a definitive answer from them. Honestly, of you want to be ready to buy one the moment they are available and don't want any last minute hurdles, that's your best way forward.

Bryan

3. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Call me crazy, but maybe call At&T and find out....

4. SluGuru macrumors regular

Yes you qualify for Next but call ATT or maybe even ask over on the ATT forums.

5. enthawizeguy thread starter macrumors 6502

I called .... They didn't know . Said hold on to ask someone hung up and I called back and they were closed.

6. SluGuru macrumors regular

ATT support is junk. The forums on the ATT site are more helpful. You do have to pass a credit check but the way I understand it is if you all ready have an account that passed they do not check it again. I just went through the site and it says I qualified as well and was able to get all the way through the process. However, to get ATT next you have to order directly from ATT.

7. hbenitez09 macrumors regular

All pre existing customers who have paid their bills on time and have been with AT&T for awhile are approved for next on upgrades. New activations are iffy but upgrades are fine. Easy way to find out attempt to purchase an upgrade online through your my AT&T account