Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
lets try this again. att store offered us a iPad mini for 100. I should have gotten it but did not want to buy a mini that is already so out of date.

Last edited:

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
Translation: He was offered a mini 2 for 100 and his wife already has the first generation mini on iOS 7 and it's fine for her tasks and siri/voiceover.

He wasn't sure if he could spend that much money on an old model that is running iOS 8 and he was uncertain if he could get the Alex voiceover for Siri?, since his wife loves that?

What do you guys think?

The iPad mini 2 supports iOS 9.

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
too tied stayed up late and could not get the phone ordered for my wife. had to go int the store hot and tired.
image.jpeg

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
lets try this again. att store offered us a iPad mini for 100. I should have gotten it but did not want to buy a mini that is already so out of date.

Was that with its own cellular data plan or any contract attachment?
Carriers don't usually offer discounted electronics for no reason like that. There's way more to the story you're non mentioning.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
I think I better give up and go to bed. she went in to pay off the 45.00 we still owed on the next plan and then pre order a 6s+ the att guy offered a iPad mini 2 for 100 since we were getting the phone. I guess I should have gotten it but since it may suck on 9.0 maybe not. My wife uses it and uses voiceover and thats pretty demanding on IOS.

protobiont

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Translation: He was offered a mini 2 for 100 and his wife already has the first generation mini on iOS 7 and it's fine for her tasks and siri/voiceover.

He wasn't sure if he could spend that much money on an old model that is running iOS 8 and he was uncertain if he could get the Alex voiceover for Siri?, since his wife loves that?

What do you guys think?

The iPad mini 2 supports iOS 9.

What's the Alex voiceover?

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
What's the Alex voiceover?
do you know what voiceover is? makes the iPhone speak for blind people. well alex is a much higher quality voice that even breathes as it speaks. my wife really likes him. but that is not on the iPad mini 1 or 2 so it would be a small upgrade. she does not use the mini a huge amount. Plus I got a galaxy tab s2 last week and she got some great half off harmon karden speakers this week and we want to go to the coast tomorrow so we have spent more then we should have already.

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
I think I better give up and go to bed. she went in to pay off the 45.00 we still owed on the next plan and then pre order a 6s+ the att guy offered a iPad mini 2 for 100 since we were getting the phone. I guess I should have gotten it but since it may suck on 9.0 maybe not. My wife uses it and uses voiceover and thats pretty demanding on IOS.

We're just messing with you man. It didn't make a whole lot of sense, but we're being dramatic too lol

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
We're just messing with you man. It didn't make a whole lot of sense, but we're being dramatic too lol
I kno I can't believe I typed so bad. I did not realize how tired I was. I just got a email from amazon with refurb tablets a iPad 4 with retina display only 269.00 that would be the way to go.

chrizzz09

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2013
Germany
I kno I can't believe I typed so bad. I did not realize how tired I was. I just got a email from amazon with refurb tablets a iPad 4 with retina display only 269.00 that would be the way to go.

You know that the iPad mini 2 is more powerful than the iPad 4 with retina display?

So you really want to spent 270,- for an even older device than the mini 2???

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
You know that the iPad mini 2 is more powerful than the iPad 4 with retina display?

So you really want to spent 270,- for an even older device than the mini 2???
no but I had not really checked. i can't keep track of the ipad versions. most likely she will get the newest ipad mini when she needs it the size works for her. harder for her to get around on a bigger one. she does not use the ipad a lot so thats another reason to be in no hurry to update it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.