ATT or Apple (DFW area)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ejfontenot, Sep 13, 2012.

1. ejfontenot macrumors 6502

ejfontenot

In the past, when I have bought a new phone from ATT, they always ship from the DFW depot (either FedEx or UPS). Probably because ATT wireless uses the depots in the area for shipping. With that being said, should I order from ATT and hope that they ship and deliver same/next day, hoping for an early in hand unit. Or just use Apple and expect it to come in from the Memphis depot on launch day.

Any other DFWers thinking about this? Or do I have iPhone fever so bad its clouding my judgment?

Still pining over the black or white decision. Guess that will be a 2:01am decision!

2. BrandonHacks macrumors regular

BrandonHacks

3. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

I have always ordered through Apple at full price as AT&T would to let me though. When the store opens in hours from now, AT&T will be lucky to keep it's servers up for upgrade info for the Apple store, much less process orders of it own. Apple will be buying server time big time and will be more dependable.

4. ejfontenot thread starter macrumors 6502

ejfontenot

5. Vulcan4770 macrumors member

Vulcan4770

I'd order through Apple , Apple will have a larger intial supply then ATT. You have higher chance at getting it delivered launch day with Apple.

6. BrandonHacks macrumors regular

BrandonHacks

well i'm in a bit of a situation.. I'll be switching carriers so most likely I'll try ordering through sprint(thankfully we have LTE :D.)

7. Chief Oddball macrumors regular

I was going to order my 4S through Apple last year, but their site went down so I ordered through AT&T instead. I figured it would come from the DFW depot since I'm in the DFW area, but it originated in Memphis instead. It got to my door in the late afternoon on launch day.