Att return policy with Apple.com order.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imlynxy, Sep 22, 2012.

1. imlynxy, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

imlynxy macrumors 65816

I know that you can return iphone 14 days back in order to reverse your 2-year Att contract. When these 14 days start? When I order iphone at apple.com, when they ship iphone, when I get it?

I asked 3 guys in apple store and got 3 different answer. I asked 3 guys in Att store - same story. I called att and have the same story. Most of them said:"I believe...."

2. samven582 macrumors 6502a

you have 30 days to return your iPhone not 14 days.

3. Jamesesesesess macrumors 6502a

I would assume the day it arrives/you activate it, no? The 30 day return policy is there so you have 30 days to decide if you want to keep it or not.

4. imlynxy thread starter macrumors 65816

thank you. my att OLAM shows that my contract ovet 09/14/2012 (two years after I preordered my iphone), that's why I had that question.

5. ANMA dojo macrumors regular

I pre-ordered midnight and received my iPhone 5 on launch day. Realized I accidently upgraded my sister's line not my own (whoops), so I went back to AT&T to return it. They told me since I bought it from the Apple website that I could ship it back or return it at an Apple Store. I returned it at an Apple Store, no hassle, no restocking fees. Since I returned the phone, I got full refund and didn't mess with my sister's available upgrade on her line.

6. milan03 macrumors 6502

milan03

You have 30days and you have to return to Apple not ATT.

7. imlynxy thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks, ANMA dojo, I think, I'm going to return mine. I see no reason to stay with ATT any longer. I can afford it, but I cannot support it. I have an unlocked iphone 4s with 1.1 year AC+ left on it and going to switch to Straight Talk.

8. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

that is good to know. I am shocked that apple would take a return from another company. That would be like buying a tv from bestbuy and returning it to the manufacture for a full refund....

9. imlynxy thread starter macrumors 65816

If you've bought from Apple it goes back to Apple with no restoking fee, if Att -> goes to Att, but they want 36 dollars restocking fee.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I definitely misread the post I quoted. I thought he returned an AT&T phone to apple.