ATT Reversed Upgrade twice! Can I sign another 2 year to upgrade my Wife's phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnnyapples33d, Oct 7, 2014.

1. johnnyapples33d macrumors member

So after buying a iPhone 6 Plus Gold 64GB, I ended up returning for a 128GB Plus in Gold.

My Upgrade was not reset and I had to spend hours at the store and over the phone and had a few chat sessions to get it resolved.

ATT put in an Urgent Case and someone contacted me right away to tell me my upgrade would be reset by Tuesday (today).

My case was escalated and I noticed over the weekend it was reset, so I went and repurchased my phone at contract price.

Looking at my eligibility today, it has been reset again so I can purchase another phone with a 2 year contract at the subsidized price.

Currently I only have two lines. My wife isn't due an upgrade until 9/2015.

What would happen if did a cross upgrade to get my wife a new phone at the subsidized price?

Will I have 3 contracts going if I try and do this? One for my phone, which I just signed Sunday for 2 years. Another contract that is still effective until 9/15 for my wife's line and potentially another 2 year contract if I signed another 2 year contract using my cross upgrade?

What would be the repercussions of doing this?

Someone with wisdom, please chime in. In the end, I'm tired of ATT throttling me and all their shenanigans. If I can stick it to them by getting another phone at a contract price I will. Don't judge me.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You want members with wisdom to chime in, yet you don't want them to judge you?

You will have three contracts if you get three iPhones. Otherwise, no.

3. joefoxx macrumors newbie

So AT&T messed up and reseted your upgrade again? I don't think you will have 3 contracts because they reseted you upgrade eligibility. Just don't call and bring it to their attention lol.

4. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If the OP gets two iPhones on contract on the same line, they can very easily find out and charge the full price after the fact.

6. johnnyapples33d thread starter macrumors member

This is what I was looking for, thanks.

Also, thanks for chiming in and not judging me :cool:

7. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Actually happened to my cousin last year. He got 2 new 5s phones on the same line due to some error. I told him it would catch up with him. Till now, nothing has ever happened so I guess he got lucky. To the op, DONT push your luck.

8. joefoxx macrumors newbie

I wouldn't risk it then...

9. johnnyapples33d thread starter macrumors member

Let me throw another curve ball.. What if I cross upgrade at the Apple Store?

So I'm purchasing the subsidized phone from the Apple Store with a 2 year contract with ATT.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

at&t can still find out after the fact and charge you the full price less the subsidized price you already paid.