ATT says ships in 7-10 days...Apple says three weeks!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Branskins, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Branskins macrumors 65816

What gives here? Buying from ATT says ships in 7-10 days, but Apple currently has THREE WEEKS listed! Something seems off or too good to be true here...

Does anyone know if ATT is generally faster in shipping them, or is Apple's ship date estimate usually off a little?

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

16GB iPhones ordered from AT&T are shipping very quickly, within 24 hours for many. 32GB phones are backordered so theres no evidence yet whether or not AT&T can meet the quoted timeframe.

3. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

That's weird.. I could walk into my local apple store right now and buy a brand new 32gb i4 like it was nothing. What's with the delays?

4. Branskins thread starter macrumors 65816

My brother asked someone at the Apple store near me, Partridge Creek Apple Store, and the guy said that the reservation list is extremely long and that he didn't expect any phones in until 2 MONTHS! I immediately called BS on this, but the fact that they can still have a reservation list a week after the phone has come out kind of gets under my skin!

Regardless, I thought it might be better to look elsewhere. So it sounds like ATT is pretty good to buy from? I leave for camping next Wednesday until Sunday, and I would love to have my phone before I go, which is putting me in a sort of predicament as to whether I should continue looking for one or just order it online =/

5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

If you want a 16GB phone I would say there is a low to moderate chance of you getting it before your trip. The main thing that could delay it is the holiday weekend. The earliest you would have your phone is Tuesday. Finding one locally would definitely be your best bet.

6. VTAb182 macrumors regular

I switched my order from apple to att. Ordered a 16gb online through AT&T yesterday at around 10am pacific. Hasn't shipped yet, but fingers crossed it will tomorrow. From what I've read, it seems that most people who order through AT&T either get it shipped in a day or two, or a week or more. Not much in between those

7. Branskins thread starter macrumors 65816

So it definitely sounds that ATT is the best way to go with ordering online.

I guess I can look one last time tomorrow for one and then just order it online and hope it comes either before or after my trip...but not during!

8. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

My local Best Buy has an untouched stack of them as well. Sucks to be you guys who live in big cities.

9. Gadget Chief macrumors member

anyone have a 32gb ship thru ATT yet? seems like only 16gbs so far

10. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

16gb ordered tues afternoon and shipped today expecting tomorrow. Apple has taken orders since the first day available. After att got locked down they didn't take anything but paper orders until Tuesday. Basically they had been receiving phones with only a limited number of orders to fill and now they are unloading their stock and everyone thinks att magically is getting stock. Back when 3g came out att had a 3 week wait while apple stores got stock almost daily.

11. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Probably either where you live or apples marketing scheme.