Carrier ATT,SPirit,tmob and veri ask for my SSN and number?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by asafalfa, Sep 9, 2016.

1. asafalfa macrumors newbie

asafalfa

So i choose "Pay in full" Why do they need my SSN and phone number for ?! (Apple site)
    What if i Do not have an ATT account or Veri account? i cant buy those phones ..

what happens here?

2. Rafterman macrumors 68020

Patriot Act - unregulated cell phones are often used by terrorists to avoid detection and the gub'mint wants them to collect that information so there are no untraceable phones out there.

3. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

Too bad for you.

4. t3nchu macrumors regular

How can we buy a Verizon iPhone full price, if we don't have a Verizon account? Do we have to wait until 9/16/16 or is it possible to reserve it online on 9/17/16 and pick it up in the Apple store? Right now you can't even buy the phone at full price if you don't have Verizon account!

5. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Unless you are Not a US Citizen and do not have a Social Sec number. That's why I always purchase Cash on launch day.

6. randalblanken macrumors regular

So in all honesty, what's the likelihood of getting an iPhone on launch day if you were unable to pre-order and reserve for pickup? I know they keep some stock on hand for walk-ins on launch day, but how early would you need to start lining up at the door in order to make sure you can get one?

7. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

You can probably Expect One Of Each On hand at each Store For Walk Ins

Just be there When they Open Or Earlier like the Night Before Or even Call the Afternoon before and Ask what they have for Walkins

Key to Success is Be VoCal Grab the First Employee And Loudly Not shouting Say I need the 128GB Jet Black Model or which ever DO NOT get in a Conversation Or Sales Talk UNTIL the Phone is in hand

Seen it happens where An Employee Stalls while Some other More Direct customer Says Exactly what He Wants and get it

NO small talk PHONE in hand then talk Plans and Pay

8. randalblanken macrumors regular

Thanks for the tips! They would say over the phone what models they will have ready for walkins? I would think they would keep that info pretty quiet, but I guess it doesn't hurt to go ahead and ask. I'm hoping for a 32gb silver 7 plus.

So you said get there when they open or the night before. Which one is it? Or should I base that off of what they say they have in stock?

Or would it just be even easier to wait until the 17th and walkin? Do they hold some product back on the 16th so they're not sold out the next day?