ATT store refused to sell my friend iphone because she wasnt new customer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigjnyc, Jul 11, 2008.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

so i met up with my friend because theres an ATT store right next to my job, she has an old iphone and has had it for like 6 months, plus she is eligible for an upgrade. so we walk into the store.. no more line and we ask if they still have iphones available. the rep replies are you opening a new account? she says no i am upgrading. the rep then tells her that they dont have any left. :confused: so without missing a beat i say well i am opening a new account and he then tells me that they have some available for new accounts. :mad:

are they allowed to do this or are they just being greedy and trying to open as many new accounts as they can? i am thinking of calling corporate and reporting this store but im not sure if they can do this or not.

2. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

commission is a bi$%h .... those punks in there make commission off every new customer they bring in, and they want money, there are no "iphones for upgrades" they are all the same

id say call/speak to the store manager, call ATT direct if necessary, certainly that is not a company policy, then again it is crappy ATT

3. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

whoa....

that sounds like a lot of you know what. If I were her I'd demand to speak to the manager and blast him. Then get his name and call/write to AT&T.

Sounds like someone is more interested in their sales plan numbers than serving the customers.

Very bad. But hey she can go back in and say yes, I'm a new customer. Then let them bring out the product and say oh I'm new for this one but I do have an old one too.

Try to see how they weasel out of that. Then again I know that's not realistic but still, if they have the stock....