att throttling 3G data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iCandy, Jun 23, 2012.

1. iCandy macrumors newbie

ATT Free Msg: Your data usage has reached 3GB this month. Using more than 3GB in future billing cycles will result in reduced speeds. You can use Wi-Fi to help avoid reduced speeds. Visit www.att.com/datainfo or call 866-344-7584 for more info.

2. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

3. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Sorry, but this is old news. I've been getting throttled for a while now :(

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. iCandy thread starter macrumors newbie

I know that!
    They haven't mess yet with big corporation accounts until now!

6. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

AT&T is terrible. They are greedy and selfish. If they were a giant octopus monster, I will give them a kick enough to make them explode forever.

7. iCandy thread starter macrumors newbie

8. N e e k macrumors 6502

N e e k

That's what I like about Sprint. Never have to worry about it. Also, I've been getting 1.5 download speeds with them consistently; however, they're so spotty. Call quality sucks, always breaks up, I'd go to Verizon if you're not happy.

9. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

In my area, AT&T still is the best for me. I can call anywhere and not worry about dropped calls. With my 4S on Verizon, I can't get data or even make calls while in my house. I have had so many dropped calls last week on Verizon that I wonder if I can get out of my contract because of it.

Never had a problem with AT&T throttling but I rarely use more than half a gig anyways each month.

10. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

And how is that different from any other carrier or corporation??

11. RocketRed, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012

RocketRed macrumors 6502a

Carriers in Hong Kong are better and cheaper. Instead of paying almost 90 bucks a month (I got kicked out of 2GB date plan to 3GB data plan... from $20 --> $30), I pay 300 HKD for unlimited data which is around 40 USD give or take 5 dollars.

12. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

You do know that there are many factors into pricing? For instance, the infrastructures that carriers need to build in US is far more than the ones in HK. The living standard, average salary, tax, VAT etc is also a deciding factor for pricing.

You do know that 123/1010/CSL does throttling too? Every cooperations in this world is money sucking because they need to report to share holders. Just look at the news when a company didn't increase their profit, their stock drops.

Though i agree HK carriers are better because they are cheaper but that doesn't mean they aren't evil cooperation. For instance, Vodaphone wanted to cancel their unlimited plan because they want more money.

13. undies1993 macrumors 6502a

I just got this message today as well. How is this even fair? It is like unlimited data doesn't mean unlimited data. :mad:

14. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Picard.gif

15. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

I use my iPhone constantly (but not for making calls) and have never gone over a gb

16. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I'd still rather that than get charged for overage. With Verizon unless you want to pay for your phone full price now, you don't have that option at all.

Though I am wary that AT&T may follow suite if it works for Verizon. I'm crossing my fingers that throttling works enough for AT&T it won't be worth it to piss off their customers further by refusing to grandfather the plan entirely.

17. dave420 macrumors 65816

I agree 100%. I would much rather have throttling than overage charges. And looking at Verizon's plans I certainly have no compelling reason to switch and give up my multiple unlimited lines.
    If AT&T keeps things the way they are now I will probably be on my plan for several more years.

18. undies1993 macrumors 6502a

I hate that they got rid of the yearly upgrade ability.

19. OceanView macrumors 65816

What kind of throttled speeds are you getting and is it useable?