ATT to verizon iphone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by burritolove, Sep 24, 2013.

1. burritolove macrumors member

i currently have an ATT account that i'm out of contract/upgrade eligible. i want to switch to Verizon as i started working at their HQ recently and get a nice discount. the iPhone 5s/c is not available to employee discount accounts until adequate supply is available (took almost 4 months for the iPhone 5) i want to buy the iPhone 5s with my upgrade through ATT and then cancel my plan and pay the ETF. once i do that can i use that same phone on Verizon's network?

2. Birdmanrsx macrumors newbie

No you can't. Verizon will not allow other carrier IMEI's on their network.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

It works the other way around (i.e. you can use a Verizon iPhone on AT&T) but not the way you want (only Verizon phones can access Verizon's network). What you could do is order the Verizon phone using your employee discount and if you want to keep using AT&T for whatever reason (rollover minutes, etc) is swap the SIM whenever you want to use AT&T.

4. burritolove thread starter macrumors member

I can't order the iPhone 5s/c through my employee program for a few months. Is Apple or other non verizon locations selling verizon model iPhones at full price/off contract

5. aneftp macrumors 601

Yes, I just walked into Apple retail store 2 hours ago. I have both ATT and Verizon service.

They had tons of ATT and Verizon Black and White (ok silver/space gray whatever). But tons of phones available (obviously no gold).

But I asked for 32GB Verizon Black 5S. No phone number. And simply paid 750 plus taxes and walked out. Leave the verizon sim card that's pre installed in there while activating it. But once activated, I put my ATT nano sim and bam got ATT LTE service.