Att unable to verify credit card info

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajones46, Sep 17, 2012.

1. ajones46 macrumors 6502

Anyone else in the same boat? Got a couple of emails saying I needed to call an 866 number - was so busy yesterday and Saturday that they had just shut it down. Called first thing this morning and my hold time is up to 22 minutes now. I called my credit card company, they're not even showing a pre-auth amount from AT&T at all.

So frustrating :mad:

What to do?

2. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

You have little choice except to keep calling. So many transactions were going through, no doubt there will be a screw up.:eek:

3. ajones46 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah. I mean I could have entered in my credit card info wrong, but I double checked everything lol. And had to put the info in 3 separate times for 3 separate pre orders. I think its quite doubtful I entered my credit card info wrong 3 times in a row.

----------

At least I can just leave the phone on speaker since I'm just studying for exams lol. What would someone else do if they had to work?!

4. ajones46, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012

ajones46 thread starter macrumors 6502

And the one hour hold time barrier has been breached!!

Final verdict: after an hour and 40 minutes on hold - I was told to call back later. No one could assist me. I told her I was already waiting for so long and didn't want to lose my spot in line.

"I'm sorry sir - you'll have to call back later. I can't help you."

"this is the number I was told to call!!"

"sir I apologize, but you'll have to call back later."

"and talk to you again?!" gahhh AT&T