ATT Unlimited? What's the deal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sammyman, Sep 14, 2012.

1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

Ordered through the Apple store because I couldn't get the ATT store to load. I stared at the 3 options for about 5 minutes trying to figure out how to keep my grandfathered unlimited plan. I finally picked the lowest package and pulled the trigger.

How do we ensure we keep our unlimited package?

2. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

Same deal with Verizon. This blows.

3. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

I went through the Apple Store app, never even asked me, just kept me on what I have now.

4. KPOM macrumors G5

On mine, one of the options was "Unlimited." I logged in through the iOS app, but it was the same at the Apple Store site. Somewhere along the process I had to enter my account information so that it could check my eligibility.

If you didn't get the option but ordered already, my advice would be to call Apple or AT&T sometime between now and when the phone ships. It may be easier to change orders before the phone ships than after.

5. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

Verizon is not grandfathering unlimited data plans. If you want the subsidized price, you have to go onto one of their limited plans.

6. SCOfoshO macrumors member

I ordered through Apple with ATT and it didn't even give me an option to change my unlimited plan. It just popped up as "no change in data plan", or something of that nature, and said unlimited.

7. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

I am aware, I wish to purchase the full price device, and yet still cannot keep my unlimited data.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same here.
    My $30 unlimited data with AT&T was left untouched.

9. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

If you didnt get the option I would dial 611 on your phone and have them make a note of it on your account that you want to keep unlimited. Then once you receive the phone call them once more to confirm that you still have unlimited data.

10. Built macrumors 68020

I am grandfathered in the unlimited data plan...I ordered through the Apple Store app, and after getting the confirmatory email, I checked my account in the Apple Store on the web. My order shows up and I just clicked on "Rate Plan"...and this came up...

iPhone 5 64GB Black & Slate (GSM)

Hide Rate Plan.

Available to ship: Delivers 9/21

Rate Plan

Data Plan ................................................................. $30.00
    •Unlimited Data

Messaging Plan ........................................................ $20.00
    •iPhone Messaging Unlimited

11. black743 macrumors 6502

I got to keep mine with Verizon. Ordered on a second line with a dumb phone. When I get it I will swap to my line and put the dumb phone back.

12. Uabcar macrumors 6502

Hey - how do you know this? I upgraded two phones via the iPhone app- smooth process- but don't recall seeing anything anywhere re: the data plan. I assume my current plans just carried over for both phones?

Can I check this somewhere?

13. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

There was a tiny line/link on the Order page (with the iPhone that was ordered) that said "View Plan Details". Tapped it and saw that my Unlimited Data plan was preserved. It was right above the Ship to Me check box.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont think you can check it now.
    I ordered on apples site, not on the iphone app.
    It listed unlimited iphone data $30 and the current minutes and texting plan I have on my family plan.
    So I assume everything will work fine.

15. bobright macrumors 601

did it say LTE unlimited anywhere? mine didnt but people are saying we now have that want to see it in writing because i still cant believe it :D

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, just iphone unlimited data plan.