Att upgrade one line for the other?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metsjetsfan, Sep 15, 2013.

1. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

If i have upgrade eligibility for one line but want to use for the other that is not eligible can I do this on Att and are they ok with this?

Thanks

2. rgctx macrumors regular

Yep, when you get your phone and go online to activate it, it will ask you which line you want to apply the phone to.

3. metsjetsfan thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks is it really that simple? Thought you had to enter your number for the line you want to upgrade for when you purchase.

4. billycuth macrumors 6502a

It's that simple AT an at&t store only.

It's called a cross upgrade and I have done it. Apple cannot do this though.

5. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

We've done this several times and it hasn't ever been that simple for us. We had to bring the upgrade up on the qualifying line then switch the new phone to the desired line and bring the original phone back up on the original line. Mickey Mouse, but that was the drill.

We've always did this at the AT&T store.

6. billycuth macrumors 6502a

I did it twice at an ATT corporate store. 15 minute process, all done by the clerk. He didn't even need to see the phone we had, just the new phone.

7. oaktree macrumors regular

8. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Yes. This guy is correct.

But! On launch day, there's usually AT&T reps at the apple store, and they did a cross upgrade for me at the apple store.

9. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

Yes I was just there today actually and I can upgrade another line and use it with my number. But you need to go into AT&T and make the switch.

Not so funny story but my replacement iPhone 5 about three weeks ago since my original phone was broken under warranty I dropped today flat on its face. Needless to say I cracked the glass really bad. Went to AT&T used my business account to upgrade for a new 5 for 99 dollars. I have 2 accounts here than used the new number on my home account which is the line I use. Now come Friday I can go back in buy a 5s on my home account and use a partial upgrade for 449.00. So I'm selling the cracked phone will sell the new 5 today and get a 5s and actually make about a hundred dollars. But I have to upgrade my sons or daughters line since mine is not eligible and AT&T wil just switch the numbers
    . BTW they are not doing any waiving of activation. Fees either. They put the hammer down on all that went on last year. Bottom line they got strict with there polices.

10. sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

My FAN account gets waived activation fees. All
    I have to do is mention it and they waive it. No hassles.

11. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Could you pls have your store train the Mall of America store? We've gone through this hassle two or three times there.

12. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

Is that a corporate account buying program. Than that would make sense