ATT Upgrade Texts Plan Reverting

swu31

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
So when I upgraded to the iPhone 5 on ATT I originally had an old 1500 MSG for $15 a month plan (I don't use anywhere close to that many text messages). When I preordered mine, there was only 2 options: No MSG or Unlimited for $20 a month. So I contacted a rep and he said that when I received my phone I could just call in and a CSR could revert it back to my previous plan. I called in today and the CSR said it was completely impossible. So I asked if I could speak to someone who could do something about this. I was referred to a different department; I spoke to Jeremy. I explained my situation and he was very nice, agreeing with me that most people don't use nearly that amount of MSGs, but he couldn't get back my 1500 MSGs plan because there wasn't even a option to select that but instead he could change it to a 1000 MSG plan for $10.

I'm posting this in case anyone else had a similar issue and because I was rather surprised that customer service was so fast to help me out.

unlimitedx

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
So when I upgraded to the iPhone 5 on ATT I originally had an old 1500 MSG for $15 a month plan (I don't use anywhere close to that many text messages). When I preordered mine, there was only 2 options: No MSG or Unlimited for $20 a month. So I contacted a rep and he said that when I received my phone I could just call in and a CSR could revert it back to my previous plan. I called in today and the CSR said it was completely impossible. So I asked if I could speak to someone who could do something about this. I was referred to a different department; I spoke to Jeremy. I explained my situation and he was very nice, agreeing with me that most people don't use nearly that amount of MSGs, but he couldn't get back my 1500 MSGs plan because there wasn't even a option to select that but instead he could change it to a 1000 MSG plan for $10.

I'm posting this in case anyone else had a similar issue and because I was rather surprised that customer service was so fast to help me out.
That's great news. That saves you $60 a year!

bpeeps

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2011
cliff notes? all I read was its 2012 and I don't have unlimited texting yet, lol
Not everyone needs to spend $20 a month on unlimited text messaging when they don't come close to the text message plans with caps. Not to mention iMessage functionality.

Next time, you should try reading. As the OP clearly stated that.