ATT, Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile - Which one did you choose, and why?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moonman239, Jun 11, 2013.

1. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

AT&T/VZW.

Why? I actually like my phone working at all times. No reason to spend so much on an iPhone and neuter it on Sprint/TMo's crappy excuse for networks.

2. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Verizon because that's what my dad had when I was added to the family plan. But in all seriousness, I really like the coverage, and I've had few issues with customer service. Given a choice, I think I'd stay with Verizon over the others.

3. robertbooth macrumors newbie

Good question I have had all of them except Verizon. I hear they are pricey and I do phone activations at Wal-mart and their retail support suck balls. Thats why I did not go with then when I left T-Mobile. T-mobile Service is ok but i had issues with customer service so I left them. Sprint sucked all around so I am with AT&T been with them 2 years and have had no issues they always wave any fees and and overages and the service has been great for me. Truth be told I wanted a Iphone so that factored in also lol but it has been great. So I would say AT&T but thats just my two cents:)

4. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

I had AT&T and the service was generally pretty terrible, now I am on Sprint and the service is generally very good. Not to mention the money I am saving on Sprint, I am saving around $20 a month compared to AT&T.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

This

6. ItBeMe22 macrumors 6502

ItBeMe22

I have MetroPCS on my iPhone 4 and love it. $40. a month with everything.:)

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

AT&T. It was the only carrier carrying the iPhone at the time.

Never had an issue so no reason to switch.

8. CEmajr macrumors 601

T-Mobile. Unlimited data, GSM, Good service, fast data speeds. Good prices is an added bonus.

Just recently left Verizon when T-Mobile got the iPhone. They had LTE everywhere but it's useless when you have to keep upping your data plan every month. What good is having LTE everywhere if you can barely use it without having to increase your bill every month.

I had AT&T when I got my first iPhone (iPhone 3G) back in 2008, but then I moved back to NC and they didn't have 3G here so I canceled my contract and went to T-Mobile. Didn't see a point in paying 3 times the price when both carriers had EDGE.

Went back to AT&T again in 2011 for the 4S but again got tired of the pricing and lack of unlimited data plans so I returned to T-Mobile mid-2012.

Only time I had Sprint was 2005-2008 when I had a dumbphone. Had no issues with service at the time since I didn't need data.

Now that the iPhone is on T-Mobile I can finally stay on one carrier and I'm pretty satisfied all around for the most part.

9. Caesars macrumors regular

If tmobile works in your area, it's awesome. Luckily it works great where I'm at, the fake non-lte 4g they have gets me 15 down and 3 up, can't complain.

10. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

Had Sprint 15 years....service went from good to terrible. Went to Verizon...because I work for Comcast, they have a partnership with Comcast and heard that Verizon had awesome service from everyone that had them. My son worked for ATT and his service was good but in crowded areas like Candlestick Park during a niner game it was terrible.....

Glad I went with Verizon...their service although expensive has been excellent.

11. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

T-Mobile. When I was away at CSU, I always seemed to have trouble getting 3G and dropped calls on AT&T. Verizon was the same. Now I have T-mobile and had no idea I could get the speeds I get now. I never got them with the other two carriers.

12. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

This is why I'm with T-Mobile. I can actually use my iPhone as intended. Unlimited high speed data $70 and up to 12gb hotspot for extra. And the coverage is excellent.

Attached Files:

13. Apple Trees macrumors 6502

Verizon because they have LTE everywhere and at least 3G in some of the more remote areas. I almost never have to worry about not having service or reliable data on my phone. Building penetration is solid as well. Better than the other 3.

14. aenflex macrumors newbie

I chose Verizon.
    1) I was already with them. But went from Sprint to Verizon years ago because their coverage is superb.
    2) See above.
    3) I have a single line with share everything plan, unlimited minutes, SMS and MMS. 4GB data. I think I pay 130/month. I use the 5 as a wifi hotspot for my iPad 3, never go over.

Verizon has crappy service but I love the network.

15. jenni122701 macrumors regular

jenni122701

Sprint. Years ago. One reason, poor credit and low funds. But its not a big issue for me.

16. kuato macrumors member

Went with Sprint 18 months ago and deeply regret it. Paying an ETF and going with Verizon. The data coverage and speeds are just terrible.

17. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Verizon...Coverage...Senior Plan... Enough said :D

18. SC54HI macrumors member

SC54HI

19. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

T-Mobile - Coverage - LTE-A in 2013 - HD voice - unlimited Data - no contract. I rest my case.

20. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

I had been with AT&T from 2009 up until this past saturday. Had the unlimited plan, of course it's throttled at 5GB so bleh.

We already had one line on Verizon and my friend was getting ready to switch away from Verizon, so I took over his line with unlimited data on it and added it to my Verizon account. Ported out the last line from AT&T and then ported my own number over to replace my friend's number on the unlimited line and that was that.

I'm going to enjoy my true verizon unlimited lte and tethering as long as possible. :)

21. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

With AT&T. Good service so I can't complain. Good data speeds everywhere I go.

22. Jades macrumors 6502

Went from Verizon to AT&T
    Verizon LTE in NYC has been nonexistent or doesn't work when you go indoors
    And I don't care much about voice as I don't talk on the phone as much anymore

23. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

Tmobile, unlimited data, great coverage on Seattle wa. Also I got 5 lines on my plan. 3 smart phones with unlimited data, 2 dumb phones and everyone has 1000 calling minutes and unlimited texting, I pay 140 a month after tax and school discound(8%). If I was on Verizon or atnt I would be paying over 200 for same plan.

Remember tmobile doesn't work for everyone, check coverage in your area first if you want to go with tmobile

24. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

Verizon - better coverage where I travel and a significant corporate discount.