Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbook yes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
I got the iPhone 4 and signed me and my mother both up for the 2GB data plan. It turns out we use a lot less than expected. I'm at about 120mb and my mom is at 30mb with about a week left in the month. I use AT&Ts app to check how much I have used and when I checked today it said it could not display it because I had recently changed my plan. I did change my mom's plan to the 200mb plan 2 days ago but I haven't changed mine. I looked to see if mine had been changed as well but it was still at 2gb with no option to change. My moms also has no options to change.

I thought that you were able to change your Internet plan as many times as you wanted during the month. I am now unable to change mine even though I have never changed it. I wasn't planning on changing it anyway, just checking how much I had used, but now I'm really annoyed that changing my moms plan has made it so that I can't even view my usage or change my plan. Didn't they say at the beginning that you could change your plan as often as you want to suit your usage?

hchavarria

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

If you call them they will get it changed with 5 minutes.

Snowman3459

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Yes the app won't let you see data if you made a recent change. No idea why.

But don't freak out, just call them. Problem solved.

Black993

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Yes the app won't let you see data if you made a recent change. No idea why.

But don't freak out, just call them. Problem solved.

Has to do with whats in the billing system. Most likely the app can't display pro-rated charges or data amounts.

DiamondGCoupe

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2007
I just noticed this too. I was literally able to change data plans for any of my 3 lines a few minutes ago but now as I was about to go from Unlimited to 2GB I can no longer do this via the ATT App! Can't even do it online anymore either, guess I will have to call ATT later.

Sherifftruman

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Had the same issue a few months back when I upped from 200 texts to 1500 (which sucks because I only do about 400-500 texts on a good month). For the rest of the whole month, I could see no data usage of any kind on the App.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.