ATT won't ship to anything other than billing address?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jrm27, Jun 15, 2010.

1. jrm27 macrumors 6502

I thought I had read here that ATT would ship to any address, not just the billing address. Guess not... since I love 120 miles from an Apple Store and use a PO Box, it appears I'm hosed.

Will Apple ship to an address other than the billing address? I cant get their store up and going at all....

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i live 120 miles away from an apple store as well. what some members did including myself was order it normally so it will get shipped to the billing address.. after you complete the order, go in and edit the order through apple.com. change the shipping address. i would try to get it shipped to an address where you know someone will be on the 24th since they do not ship to po boxes i believe. no one knows if this will work but i hope it does.

3. bova80 macrumors 6502a

doesn't seem right, because when i went through on att premier i was able to have one shipped to my mom's house and one shipped to my house, but both billed to mine.

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

This thread is FALSE.

I have confirmed this with 2 reps today. Some accounts require same addresses, NOT all.

Mis information is a bitch, change your thread title.

5. TechWhore macrumors regular

Can you elaborate why some accounts can only be shipped to the billing address. Mine is like this and I will not be home at that time, I was actually having it shipped to the resort I'm staying at in Virginia.

6. bthompson macrumors regular

Mine is shipping to my office and not my home/billing address.

7. thehopscotch macrumors regular

thehopscotch

AT&T Premiere site didn't require this, but when I ordered my mom's it did require that the shipping be the same as her billing address.

She later called AT&T and a CSR changed the shipping address in the system to my address (since I'll be home that day). I'd suggest just ordering with your home address and changing to your office address or wherever via AT&T customer care phone line.

8. jrm27 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Ferris... Very helpful.

I'm just saying what I've been told by three different agents today... along with a ton of other stuff I've been having trouble believing. Namely, that they won't do pre-orders for the iphone4 over the phone... unless I'm a new customer that is. I know that's crap though... I've had two friends do that very thing this morning. Also, that I can't keep my unlimited plan unless I order from a brick and mortar corporate ATT store. Also false.

However, this is what I see in print on the ATT website when I try to do my upgrade:

"Your account currently shows that your billing address is a P.O. Box and to protect our customers from fraud, we cannot ship iPhone to a P.O. Box or an address that differs from the credit card billing address. "

So, I'm glad that it is working for you. Jsut not working so well here...

9. homerjfry macrumors regular

homerjfry

+1

10. TechWhore macrumors regular

Ok! Well I took the one posters advice, and after my order processed I went into the order details and changed my shipping address to the resort I will be staying at. I will call Apple tomorrow to follow up and make sure the address change went through!