Attention 13", 15" & 17" Unibody MBP Owners - What Are Your Dimensions :D

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by deadparrot, Apr 16, 2010.

1. deadparrot macrumors newbie

No, not you personally :D

I do not own an MBP yet (will likely buy an i7 15" in the near future) but am undertaking a design exercise for which I need a few dimensions. If you would be so kind as to assist me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

This diagram shows the dimensions (A to E) that I require for each size of unibody MBP. Also if anybody knows the thickness of the case and height of the kensington lock slot and the superdrive slot those would be of great help as well, thanks!

PS: Metric please!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

A- 98.00 mm
    B- 7.00 mm
    C- 4.75 mm
    D- 124.00 mm
    E- 16.00 mm

**These are all what I assume them to be; as with measuring any part like this it's tough to get exact dimensions, but I measured a couple times and made an educated guess. My measurements also come out to within about .3 mm of the official "width" spec from Apple.

Height of the slots - 3.00 mm

Height of case- 24.10 mm

Measured with my handy calipers.

3. deadparrot thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

I'm assuming those are for the 15" model. Is it simply distance "A" which differs with the 13" and 17"?

Also, has anyone taken theirs apart and coincidentally measured the thickness of the aluminium?

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Yes.

I think so, although the 17" might be different because the ports on the other side are different.

5. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

Rats. And I was all ready to be a smartass. :p