Carrier ATTN: Exisiting iUP members who just preordered a T-Mobile iPhone via Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by s2mike, Sep 15, 2017.

1. s2mike macrumors 6502a

How’d it go?

Do they let you reserve a phone for pickup at the store?

Did they fix the T-Mobile/Apple problems and let you order a new phone for delivery along with a trade-in kit?

Basically, was it a nightmare like it’s been in the past...or have those issues been fixed?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 15, 2017 ---
    So either nobody ordered a T-Mobile phone via iUP or everyone just went to bed immediately after they preordered. Weird.

I wasn’t preordering a phone, but I went through the process a few times for fun and it certainly appeared that I had the option for delivery or pickup, which is great news - sounds like T-Mobile and Apple figured out how to make their systems play nice.

Also, over an hour after the preorder window opened, almost all of the T-Mobile 64GB models were still available for delivery on launch day...and all of them were available for pickup on launch day. Crazy.

2. s2mike thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow. 90 minutes after preorders went live and almost every T-Mobile 64GB model is still shipping on the 22nd (Space Gray is delayed) but all three models can be picked up in store on launch day.

Kinda shocked. Figured more people would want 64GB. I’m only using 20GB of my 128GB iPhone 7.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Sounds like Apple had plenty of stock on the 8 and 8+. They will still outsell the X with ease.

4. s2mike thread starter macrumors 6502a

You can still get T-Mobile phones delivered on launch day. I’m floored.