Attn: Homos and Homo-lovers! August 7, 2012 Is Marriage Equality Appreciation Day!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Prof., Aug 3, 2012.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Go to Starbucks and spend your money! :D

link

Many thanks

Signed,
    A homo. :D

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Awesome! I'll be supporting it! Absolutely NO ONE has the right to tell anyone else they can't get married (provided both adults are consenting). Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

3. turtle777 macrumors 6502a

4. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

Kissing your partner? :D

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Not a chance. I've sworn off.

But I'll be thinkin' about you when I buy stuff from Target, JCPenney and Amazon while sipping my Starbucks coffee.

6. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

Oh look that nasty chicken has flipped the turtle on his back. How sweet.

KGB:D

7. Jb07 macrumors 6502

Great! I love Starbucks so this will give me even more reason to go! :D

Side Note: The title had me fooled into thinking this was a anti-gay thread.:eek:

8. 184550 Guest

Hmm, so two years is the appropriate amount of time to wait before patronizing a company that previously donated to the same types of organizations and Congressmen that Chick-fil-A does?

Anyone remember this from summer of 2010?

9. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

LOL

I know you have been just waiting for someone to bring Target up haven't you? Just lying in wait with that link. I'm not sure whether to applaud you or feel sorry for you.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Aww, come on! He's been waiting two whole years! ;)

11. 184550 Guest

Nope, sorry to disappoint. I'm not too clued into the whole LGBT boycott thing as there seems to be a new one every couple of weeks. I can memorize a lot of things, but the boycott list y'all have going on is too long for me to remember.

If I hadn't looked at that list I wouldn't even have remembered.

The irony and hypocrisy were too much to pass up though once I remembered.

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I can't stand coffee but their vanilla frappucinos are great and a rare treat. I'll have to swing by a Starbucks on Tuesday.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Nathan, if you someday ever find yourself in our situation (which I hope you never do) I'll be sure to be just as empathetic and helpful. In other words, not at all.

BTW- Target changed it's tune. Maybe you missed that.

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/..._with_new_pro-marriage_equality_promotion.php

14. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

Let's not forget; if you are a white, heterosexual, christian male, chances are you have never experience (institutional) discrimination.

15. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I can tell you aren't too clued in by your posts here.

First of all, for the LGBT community, this issue with Chick Fil A is not new. It got national attention because people who are not gay (like the Mayor of Boston, the congressman in Chicago, and the Henson Company to name a few) stepped in to voice their opinions. And to mock us because we stand up against those who bully us is pathetic.

As for Target, they can serve as an example to companies like CFA on how they handled the controversy. HRC dropped them from their buying guide (along with Best Buy) - and Target responded - and not with a "Guilty As Charged".

That said, there are still huge amounts of the LGBT community who still don't shop there (the same with Best Buy, who donated to the same types of groups). They did, at the very least, try to make amends and were added back in the 2012 Buyer's Guide. They haven't regained the status they had before those donations, but they have made an effort to right some wrongs.

They've also taken some slack from the other side recently with some promotions and clothing they've carried in their stores.

You may not follow what is going on, but we sure do.

----------

nathan doesn't care about silly things like discrimination - all he cares about is trying to point out all of the "irony and hypocrisy". Logic or truth be damned.

16. 184550 Guest

And that makes everything ok? :confused:

I could tell you a story or two but seeing how personal experiences aren't worth a damn 'round here, I'll spare everyone the soliloquy.

Besides, it's completely absurd that a white male could ever be discriminated against. Right? :rolleyes:

I guess you're oblivious to the fact I started the Chick-fil-A thread over a year ago?

17. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Of course. People and corporations change all the time. Target responded and worked with us. They deserve support and credit for that.

By all means, tell us what happened. But I won't I wont stay up past my bed time, as I'm sure I would never get to sleep.

And Chick-Fil-A continues to do what they do. And we will continue to call them out on it.

18. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I know you started that thread. I also know that you implied we seem to find someone or something to boycott once a week on a whim.

And as far as personal experiences, please share them. I guarantee we'll receive them better than you have received ours.

19. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

I said "chances are..." I never said "never."

20. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Prof- you'll never hear these stories from Nathan anyway. So don't lose any sleep over it.

21. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

Oh, I wasn't planning on hearing any. The only reason I'm awake is because I'm watching Sherlock Holmes. :D

22. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

3 words: Mocha. Cookie. Crumble.

Make it even better by adding a couple shots of toffee nut syrup.

Otherwise, Toffee Nut Mocha frappucino.

Either way, on Tuesday, I'll be all over this like a fat tick on a lazy dog, starbucks card loaded on my iPhone and all.

BL.

23. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

The chicken flipped the turtle over, where it lay on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs, trying to turn over. But it can't -- not without my help. But I'm not helping.

24. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

Don't think there'd be many that would lend a boot to the turtle. Oh dear what a pity, never mind.

Regardless of the naysayers, we will prevail. Down here where we are at the bill stage of marriage equality, the leader of the conservatives (a political party that would be if it could be) is maintaining that being Gay is a choice. What a twat.

KGB:rolleyes:

25. AhmedFaisal Guest

Slurping jelly coffee at Starbucks in Tokyo... now here is a nation that embraces gayness. My hat is off to lee and everyone else... keep fighting for your rights... we are right there with you all the way...