Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theslaz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Calgary; Alberta; Canada
I use Atv to stream all my content via wireless from my PC hard drive to my TV. It seems that when ever I start a new session; the content will play for about a minute and then it freezes. It will stay frozen for about 2 or 3 minutes and than begin playing. It will only do this once and than it is good until I start another session. By session; I mean, it will play without freezing again until I switch to different content E.G. going from movies to TV shows or playing music.

I have been putting up with this since I got the ATV at Xmas; just thought that I would post my problem. Maybe there is a solution. I can not hard wire the setup as my ATV is to far from my PC!

ss957916

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
Sounds like your ATV is working well - I have TONNES more issues than that! We have to decide what we're going to watch way before we want to watch it so it can be sync'd onto the ATV - I've given up on streaming.

Afraid I don't have any help, but just to let you know that my experience of ATV is that I wish I hadn't bothered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.