Audi’s TT Shooting Brake Concept

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
iGav said:
:eek: :eek: :D

The Ingolstadt boys have really nailed that rump. ;)

Rinky dink link

Thoughts?
Looks a bit like what the back end of a BMW 1 series should look like after being crossed with the Audi A3...;)

Nice though, I'm still waiting for someone to really crack the hot hatch/tourer. My favourites are still the Alpine/Renault and the BMW Z3 tourer.

Attachments

pseudobrit

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2002
Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
Shooting brake? That's a hatchback.

More to the point, that makes it very much an A3 (same chassis) with different lines.

"Shooting brake" should be a term reserved for large vehicles of high luxury such as the conversion of this Bentley. A TT is too much a commodity automobile. Though preferably the vehicle should have started life as a coupé.

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
clayj said:
As a TT owner, this makes me want to throw up. Seriously. They've taken an absolutely beautiful car and uglied it up in the worst possible way.
Do remember though, that they're still making the new TT a coupe. ;)

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
I liked the TT when it was first released but have gone off it seeing so many yuppies flying about in them.

I'm not sure about this one though, I suppose it looks ok. Nice interior.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
Hmmm, not so sure that we're actually going to see that from Audi. First, what's "shooting brake?" Thats english not german. The outside concept looks more like a page from Bangle's personal sketch book rather than Audi's own heritage (look at the headlights, taillights, and body creases). And since when do they put the four-ring badge outside of the grill? Looks tacky, like it was glued on by the last guy in the assembly line before it roles on to the streets. The interior looks plasticy and jumbled, a far cry from what they are known for. Compare:

or this one (taken from the Apple site ;))

Also, that cool-lookin' flat-bottomed sport wheel won't be available in the US, they're illegal. I know this is a concept, but I want to know the whole story on this one.

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
clayj said:
As a TT owner, this makes me want to throw up. Seriously. They've taken an absolutely beautiful car and uglied it up in the worst possible way.

I'm a TT owner myself. ..and this is just a nightmare come true. I've seen many photoshoped TT's in the past year that supposed to be the runner up for the current model but this is by far the ugliest.

I don't mind the design of the car that much. It's ok for a sporty hatch coupe(or however you want to call this). But PLEASE AUDI do not associate any of this with a TT.

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
WinterMute said:
Looks a bit like what the back end of a BMW 1 series should look like after being crossed with the Audi A3...;)

Nice though, I'm still waiting for someone to really crack the hot hatch/tourer. My favourites are still the Alpine/Renault and the BMW Z3 tourer.

The BMW M-Coupe it's one of those hate it or love it design. I, myself love it. I have never driven one but it is supposed to be pretty hot.

Jon'sLightBulbs

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2005
Chicago
The new one looks pretty good. As the german car trolls around here say, we must embrace the line! And the old TT would have none of it. Creases are your friend.

HydroMan

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2004
Luton. Lutonshire.
At the start I wanted a TT but it turned out to be a bit of a tarts car (male/female) by the people that buy these cars (where I live) it looked nice at first now it looks like a dog (BMW'ish)

The last Audi that I owned was this ( without racing colours ) in a nice shade of metallic midnight grey (with neat rear spoiler-factory standard)

A heavy but fast car (my all time favourite so far)
Bring back real cars.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
WinterMute said:
I like this car, and would love it as a replacement for the Audi A3, although I haven't seen the new model A3 photos yet.

Two things I don't like are the front end and the back, although the back is the major problem. Neither matches the other. I realize that they're not supposed to, but the front end looks a bit radical, while the back is a bit bland.

I like this Alfa 147 GTA:
http://www.alfaromeo.com.au/default.asp?action=article&ID=366

Gallery: http://www.alfaromeo.com.au/gallery.asp

And my Getz. :D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Gone but not forgotten.
As usual, I shirk the opinions of this group and say that I like it. It reminds me of the latest Mazda 3 5 door, which I like immensely. Having the look plus the Audi mechanicals sounds great.

reberto

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2005
They sell after market settering wheels here in the U.S. They are not illegal

Jay42 said:
Also, that cool-lookin' flat-bottomed sport wheel won't be available in the US, they're illegal. I know this is a concept, but I want to know the whole story on this one.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
like the new grill with the emblem outside ... i actually love it ..
the back isn't that much different but looks still good

the weakest part in the design is the interior and the sides perhaps.. sides look too much like BMW (which is a bad thing).. smooth out those lines

the only problem will be the same as with the alfas: no space for license plate.. so i doubt this baby will ever see the light of day

and no it doesn't look like a renault :rolleyes:

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
bousozoku said:
I shirk the opinions of this group
heheh, I'm beginning to know what you mean...

What on earth was I thinking posting such a car on this site, where the usual response to anything automotive is... 'Buy a Honda Civic' :rolleyes: :p :p :p

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
iGav said:
What on earth was I thinking posting such a car on this site, where the usual response to anything automotive is... 'Buy a Honda Civic' :rolleyes: :p :p :p

Well I like neither. In fact, I only like cars that look exactly like this:

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
well... at the risk of being mauled by everyone else on the thread...

i LOVE the way this new car looks, always thought the old TT looked like a VW bug on roids...

very good looking auto