Audio from iPhone 5 Headphone jack distorting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dgsimmonsmoony, Apr 15, 2013.

1. dgsimmonsmoony macrumors newbie

Hi, I purchased an iphone 5 around mid december in 2012.. i had no problems with it up until january. I plugged my headphones in one morning to play music and i got a loud popping noise after i unlocked the screen and when i played music it was loud, distorted and unbearable even at the lowest volume...

Recording of iphone output: http://www.mediafire.com/?h622qkm2473yk76

I read a few forums online and tried every thing... software restore and upgrade to 6.1, compressed air in all ports, half Q-tip trick, not luck... i gave in and decided to get the bottom port replaced. i traveled to toronto for vacay and got a tech to replace the port and still no luck. Im out of ideas now. can anyone help?

FYI: I live in bermuda. We dont have a genius bar here. The phone is on IOS 6.1, & Jailbroken via evasi0n

2. Tallguy93 macrumors member

Have you tried different headphones?

3. dgsimmonsmoony thread starter macrumors newbie

yes .. ive tried on 5 diff headphones. studio quality to cheap. speakers as well

4. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

Internal problem then, you'll have no problem getting a replacement at the Apple Store. Be sure to back up your device before though, in order to keep all your data and personal information.

5. Tallguy93 macrumors member

call apple and see what they say. They may ask you to ship your phone to them if you dont have a nearby apple store.