Audio (Music) quality of the Iphone 4/4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Totty1987, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Totty1987 macrumors regular

I've been using my 3rd gen 8gb ipod nano as my primary music player since 2007 and I've grown tired of having to pick and choose, which music to put onto the device. I'm looking to upgrade to an iphone, as i prefer to have one device with me while commuting to and from work.

Anyway, how good is the audio quality of the iphone compared to the ipod devices (touch, nano, classic).

oh and is there any difference in audio quality between the iphone 4 and 4s

all comments are welcome

thanx

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

About the same as your 3rd gen Nano, but with more volume. 1st/2nd gen Nano and most of the Classics have measurably (but not dramatically) better frequency response but if you're happy with your 3rd gen Nano then you will have no problems with the iPhone.

3. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I got the 4s on Wednesday and used the music app last night for about 4 hours. I would say it is slightly improved over the 4. Maybe that is just a placebo affect and the audio chip is just the same. I had a lot of hiss from my IPhone 4 but the 4s sounds clean.

If you want to further the audio quality when using headphones buy this you won't regret it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fiio-E11-Po...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1320416234&sr=1-1

4. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

I have the E11 and love it. Great recommendation.
    Make sure you get the line in dock adapter with it.
    Makes a big difference to me.

I'm sure the 4s uses the same audio chip as the 4 but haven't seen anything definitive.

iLounge is usually good about discussing the audio quality in their reviews but completely left it out on the 4s one.

To me, it sounds just as good as the 4.