"Audit the Fed" is now up for debate!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Cursor, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Cursor macrumors 6502

Cursor

http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/06/11/us-house-to-debate-ron-pauls-audit-the-fed-bill/

Let's hope this bill can grow up to become a law. Maybe it'll even cause the Fed to close! Any institution that handles a whole country's monetary system needs to have some sort of oversight to make sure that it is doing what it needs to be doing, let alone a private company like the Fed. This is a matter of national security, I would think.

2. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Congress wants to audit another agency for what?

Why not have an audit placed on the whole government.

3. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

4. Cursor thread starter macrumors 6502

Cursor

To stop the corruption in the Fed and it's handling of our fiat currency. This is important, the Fed isn't really an agency like Homeland Security or Education, it's a private institution. That's the scary thing about it. It doesn't really answer to anybody, yet it is in full control of our money supply.

We the people do audit the government by voting for or against them at election time. That is the way it is supposed to happen. Now, that isn't working great, because a lot of our citizens are more interested in Jon & Kate or Brangelina, than Congress or the Consitution. Also, electronic voting is making it a lot easier to commit vote fraud, but that is another thread.

Read some of these quotes. This guy had the right idea. http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_jefferson.html

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

We should have regulation and oversight on an awful lot of private companies involved with our money. That we didn't is a good part of the reason we're in this financial mess in the first place.

6. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

No one has ever been able to audit the Fed's records. That's why when Ben Bernanke was asked where $2.2 trillion went and which banks the money went to, he simply refused to answer.

This bill would simply give authority back to Congress to look into the Federal Reserve's records and see where money was going and what has been going on.

7. Cursor thread starter macrumors 6502

Cursor

8. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Good! Glad to see Kucinich and Paul working on similar stuff. Both men I respect, even if I don't agree always with them.

I really excited to see this, who's siding with Paul(and Kucinich) when push come to shove...I better see NJ Congressmen/senators backing them up!

9. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

I am all for it and Ron Paul should run for Senate.