Augusta, GA Apple Store mandating line start time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skelaw, Sep 20, 2012.

1. skelaw macrumors member

Just called up the Augusta Apple Store and questioned any procedures with overnight waiting and he said their line starts at 6AM. Anybody else hear from their store mandating a start time? This store is located in a mall area, not inside though. It is in a strip portion though. Any advice on this? Should I follow their rules,and just wait in the nearest Walmart until 5:30? Thanks!

2. nws0291 macrumors 6502

It's most likely a restriction put on by the property owners. They want to limit their liability as they may not have the security staff to support that amount of people. Call the property management company and see what they say.

3. skelaw thread starter macrumors member

Any idea where to find that information? And by property management, do you mean the proprietors of the mall?

----------

Just called mall security, and was told we could not even wait in our cars in the parking lot until 6AM. Isn't that something? It's not even in the mall, just on the property.

4. KPOM macrumors G5

Yes, it's probably the mall not wanting to assume liability in case something happens.

5. LoloBond macrumors 6502

You can the worst that can happen is that they ask to leave and comeback at 6am.

6. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

It's their property, their rules.

Don't understand why this baffles so many people.

7. aquadisiac macrumors 6502

parking lot is still owned by the mall though.

8. dyezak macrumors newbie

It's Augusta GA... Sit outside in a line like that and you are likely to get mugged, shot, raped, or all three. They are doing you a favor.

9. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

They have the same policy at Millennia Mall here in Orlando. I actually like it a lot, because it means I only have to show up 2 hours before the store opens instead of camping overnight. =)

10. xobleedinglovee macrumors newbie

I was going to go to the store today but didn't get around to it. I guess it'll be an early night for me!

11. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

Birmingham, AL store also says 6Am, but this is by order of the property management and security. They actually post guards and cars blocking access to that section of the mall lot until 6AM.

12. aquadisiac macrumors 6502

wow i didnt know it's like that in Augusta.

13. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

It's not, he's just an idiot.

14. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Seems pretty simple to me.

Then again, many people are way too simple.

15. dyezak macrumors newbie

I've lived in the following cities:

Washington D.C. (3y)
    Seoul Korea (2y)
    Houston TX (2y)
    Dallas TX (7y)
    Augusta GA (2y)

Seoul is the 15th largest city in the world, Houston is the 4th largest in America and Dallas is the 9th largest in America.

I saw more violent crime in Augusta GA than all my time in all the other cities combined. And I lived in Washington during the D.C. sniper. Augusta is a horrible place to live which surprised the hell out of me.

ETA - I actually lived in Evans GA, about 2mi outside Augusta proper.

16. skelaw thread starter macrumors member

Every city has areas where it is bad. Augusta has some of the best hospitals in the south east. I just drove through downtown and it was absolutely dead.

Update: sitting outside of the Kroger right outside the mall. Sheriff and mall security are all over the place.

17. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

I can not blame them. People are nasty and will poop and pee where ever. They leave trash and debris where ever they go. It is also not fare to the other store owners who are struggling to make a living in the mall.

----------

We are not talking Chicago. Augusta Georgia is not a bad place.

18. IpadMania macrumors regular

Saw something similar at store nearby..security guard standing watch with no line in site. The was at midnight. Going to assume line starts at 6 am

19. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

Kick your addiction to crack and you wouldn't have that problem. I grew up in Augusta and lived there for almost 30 years. I live in Atlanta now. Check the crime statistics between the two lol