Austerity Is Poisoning The Economy, In 2 Charts

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Aug 10, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Yup. Lower those wages by any means necessary, if the goal was to drown everything in a bathtub they're drowning themselves first since they seem to need the same people (and government they said they wanted to drown) to bail its sorry ass out, time and again, even after all the corporate welfare and other handouts they get. They didn't expect this, or maybe they didn't want it to happen after they were long gone from the society they try to destroy?

2. Desertrat macrumors newbie

How do you get spending cuts with an ever-larger budget?

Remember the falsity of "spending cuts": If an amount was initially proposed for the budget, but the appropriated amount is less than the proposal, it is a "cut"--even when the appropriated amount is greater than the year before.

That little word game began around 1976.

3. 1458279 Suspended

I'm guessing they assume that the "damaging spending cuts" are based on money not going into the economy because the government isn't spending enough. One problem here is the effectiveness of the government spending.

Why couldn't they use the same argument that when they tax the people, the people have less to spend and that would be a spending cut?

Is it somehow automatically better that the government spend your money than if you spend the same money?

Or is it that they want to count the spending twice. By not accounting for the taking of the money from the consumer and only seeing that the government is spending less, they make a loss look like a gain.

Either that, or they want to print more money to spend. Adding more to the money supply for expansion wouldn't be such a bad idea as entitlement money is eating away at expansion money supply.

4. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Well, austerity has worked a treat in the UK. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

5. thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

The only thing missing are people roasting marshmallows around that campfire.

In seriousness - wow. Dayum. Not sure how violence will have fixed the system, though.

Austerity has proven ineffective in every country it's been tried in. - articles dating 2015, 2012, and earlier show how it did not work for Greece. Spain hasn't fared better, either.

But trickle down economics will finally kick in and prosperity will trickle down to us workers once again. Just keep the faith!

6. elf69 macrumors 68020

elf69

Here in UK it seems "steal from the poor and feed the rich"

the rich seem to pay less tax while us poor get taxed the most and see more cuts.

I'm disabled and I do not go out to claim every hand out going the opposite really.
    I claim minimum only as I am unable to prepare hot meals myself due to my condition.

When I do need help I cannot get it as the departments have had the budgets cut year on year.

Austerity never works and creates more problems than it ever solves.