Austin: The Domain

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by xxjonoxx, Sep 20, 2015.

1. xxjonoxx macrumors member

xxjonoxx

Anyone planning to go to The Domain store this Friday?

I've never been to this store for an Apple product launch, how is it usually? Orderly? Do they usually have good stock for walk ups?

I plan to get there around 11pm Thursday night to hopefully be near the front of the line for a 6S+ of some kind.

How is The Domain vs Barton Creek?

2. pirategrad macrumors member

pirategrad

I'll be there. I've got two phones reserved, one (iphone 6s silver plus 128 gb) at 8 am and the other (iphone 6s space grey 128gb) at 8:30. Been there once for a phone release and for two ipad launches. The ipad 2 was pretty cool and I was in the first five in the store which was a very exciting experience!

3. xxjonoxx thread starter macrumors member

xxjonoxx

When is the best time to arrive? I'm trying to get a 6S+ of any color or size. I have the option to be there around midnight but I read in previous years the line couldn't start till 5am?

4. pirategrad macrumors member

pirategrad

The problem with the Domain location is that they don't let you que up around until 6 am. The Rent-A Cops shoo people away the minute anyone starts to form a line in front of the store. I suggest you come as early as you can and scope of the scene for others in your situation. And then be prepared to make dash for the Apple Store when a line starts to form up.

5. xxjonoxx thread starter macrumors member

xxjonoxx

Do you have any experience with Barton Creek? Does it have the same problem with the line?

6. pirategrad macrumors member

pirategrad

Not sure about Barton Creek. Never been there for a new product launch. I figure that you would need to wait near the closest mall entrance since they are probably closed at night. Find out what time the mall opens for mall walkers or tailgate a store employee that goes into the mall. I'm sure that store personnel will be going in early because of the launch.

7. psycho78 macrumors newbie

I went last year--Drove by at 9pm and there was a sign saying "No lineups till 6am)--came back at 3am and there was already a line of over 100 people. Even tho I was around #125, I still walked out with a 64gb gold 6+ so they def. had plenty of stock.

8. redboxcar macrumors 6502

redboxcar

Where does the line form? I have three reserved phones, but may be giving up my reservations...

9. EdEv macrumors newbie

I'll be there! I have a reservation for 6pm for a 64GB Space Grey 6s.

10. xxjonoxx thread starter macrumors member

xxjonoxx

I'm planning to arrive around 12am and hopefully security isn't annoying and at least lets us line up orderly. If I was them I'd rather have people out in the open in an orderly fashion than back in the parking lot doing who knows what. At least that way I could watch them.

I just want a chance of a Verizon 6S+ of some kind. I wasn't able to reserve and my Best Buy preorder doesn't look like it's coming through by the morning.

11. toffa813 macrumors regular

If somebody could give an update as to how many people are in line in the morning, that'd be much appreciated. I'm not in a particular rush to buy my phone to get there that early, but I do need to get to work at some point.

12. redboxcar macrumors 6502

redboxcar

Someone else will probably update earlier than I, but I will likely do a drive-by around 4-4:30am. Will update then.

13. xxjonoxx thread starter macrumors member

xxjonoxx

I'm about to drive by The Domain to see how it's gonna play out tonight. I'll update.

14. xxjonoxx thread starter macrumors member

xxjonoxx

I'd say about 30 people so far. We are camped out a little down from the Apple Store and security hasn't messed with us at all. They know we're here. They're are actual cops standing in front of the store preventing people from being there.

15. redboxcar macrumors 6502

redboxcar

16. redboxcar macrumors 6502

redboxcar

Line is officially open at Barton Creek. 12 people.

17. pirategrad macrumors member

pirategrad

At 7 am - the line is easily close to 200 people now. Checked with the store personnel and they have only four reserved people waiting. The rest are walk ups.

18. pirategrad macrumors member

pirategrad

19. toffa813 macrumors regular

Wow... too bad Barton is on the opposite side of Austin from my office. Guess I'll swing by the Domain after work

20. LiemTa macrumors regular

Reserved line at Barton Creek is massively backed up. It's 10a now and barely any of the 9:30 reservations had their turn. Line's moving at about 1 person per 8 minutes

21. redboxcar macrumors 6502

redboxcar

Crazy that they are going so slow. They said this morning they were equipped to process 100 transactions per hour. In general, though, the line wasn't too bad, esp not compared to The Domain. I was able to get in and out of the AT&T Store at Barton Creek in less than 15 minutes at 8am, but the entire morning there really hasn't been more than 50 people in line at the Apple Store. AT&T Store was a breeze, too bad so many people opting not to go.

22. Brandon083 macrumors member

Brandon083

How were Barton Creek and the Domain this evening? Was hoping I can wake up in the morning and reserve a 128 6+ online and avoid dealing with the no reservation line.

Also, does anyone know if the '8AM' time when reservations reopen is local or PST?

23. xxjonoxx thread starter macrumors member

xxjonoxx

Anyone experience the crazy lady yelling about the Rose Gold phone this morning?

That made my morning, so hilarious.

24. toffa813 macrumors regular

I went to the domain after work at like 330 and they didn't have a gray 64 plus like I'm looking for, but I think they might've had 128s. And I called Barton and they weren't very helpful but told to to reserve at 8am, which without clarifying seems like it would be local time, but I'm not sure

25. lonnielove512 macrumors newbie

SO ANYBODY DOING A UPDATE TO THE DOMAIN ON SEPT 16 FOR IPHONE 7PLUS??