Australia affirms the right to bare arms!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Raid, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-46438109

This woman was kicked out of the Australian parliament for this outfit:
    [​IMG]

PSA
    People often talk about safe spaces and point blame, but really the issue is over-reaction.

Like this thread title, let's try not to judge too quickly.
    :)

2. millerj123 macrumors 68000

She could cover less, and I’d still be okay with it. This controversy was shooting blanks from the get-go.

3. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

The lower portion of her shoulder is visible. Obviously they should stone the harlot.

4. Raid thread starter macrumors 68020

Raid

Bring her to Canada! We can legally get her stoned now... and she might like it!

5. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

If she turns to the side can you get a glimpse of side boob? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that either.

6. velocityg4 macrumors 601

velocityg4

I always figured this was standard attire for Australian Parliament.
    .jpg

Then again. I guess they'd wear more formal attire.
    .jpg

7. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I suggest that all legislative and legislative committee sessions be by law be held with all members and attendees in the nude.

8. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

I'm not sure that Australians can survive a mild Canadian winter.

9. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

10. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Depending on where you are.. It does get cold in the Alps down there. Low temp is -3C/29F, and does allow for some skiing down there. Having lived there and seen snow down there, it does get cold.

Now, that said, being from Nebraska, I'd have to agree that most couldn't survive what we would call a 'mild' winter, as that 29F would be considered warm for our winters. I mean, I had the hardest time explaining to the kids in school down there about how I had to shovel our way out of our driveway just to get to our mailbox. Thankfully, I brought pictures to prove it. :eek::p

BL.

11. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

And look her wrists are showing too! And what is this woman doing wearing pants? She should be wearing a frock. And I think a bonnet would be appropriate too.

I bet this aide doesn’t doesn’t curtsy either. What an abomination.

12. Raid thread starter macrumors 68020

Raid

When I read "Low temp is -3C/29F" (and because I watched "Jingle all the Way" recently) I thought of this:
    [​IMG]

It's -1C right now in Toronto, I had my jacket open waiting for the train this morning. :rolleyes:
    --- Post Merged, Dec 5, 2018 ---
    I bet she's one of those harlots that wants the vote! Why can't she accept her place in society supporting her husband and raising children!?! ;)

13. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

What is funny is it was around 10C/50F here in Coastal Texas this morning and when I went to the store everyone was dressed like they were living in the arctic. Here I am getting funny looks wearing shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops.

14. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

That's how I was when I moved to Las Vegas in January 1998. I moved there from Nebraska to basically get away from the snow. I effectively drove down to Joplin, Missouri, and took Route 66 all the way to Kingman, and up...

... First full day of living in Las Vegas, it snowed.

Granted, 40F and the snow basically melted when it hit the ground, but snowed. I was out in a t-shirt and shorts, while everyone else there was doing their best languid flop impression of Land of Layered Clothing and driving 20mph under the speed limit (hell, they can't handle rain; what makes you think they can handle snow!?), and looking at me as if I'm the one who's weird! :p

15. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

A person I know here was born and raised in Alice Springs, Australia. He says he has had zero problems adjusting to the climate in Phoenix.