Australia aknowledges USA's superiority

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by OzExige, Apr 3, 2008.

1. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

2. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Doesn't he look like an aged version of Barbie's Ken?

[​IMG]

Kevin, I mean, not George.

PS Have to say, it looked liked a jokey salute to me, I wouldn't impeach him for it. But if he was serious I'd lock him up for life.

3. OzExige thread starter macrumors 6502

OzExige

Is it a politician?
    is it a bird?
    is it a plain? (er plane, no plain politician!)
    is it um,
    whateverrrr.

.............. no it's ................

Baby Man

able to leap tall poppies in a single tax-cut :rolleyes:

nah, he wasn't serious.
    but how do you get the American President's attention in a room full of plain politicians?
    and no, it's not a trick question :)

BABY MAN STRIKES A BLOW FOR AUSTRALIA

4. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

I could be wrong here, but I'm guessing you're not fond of Prime Minister Baby Man?

5. OzExige thread starter macrumors 6502

OzExige

I'm old,
    and I can't my head around 'center left' or 'left' or 'hard/far left' or (and this includes my sister!) the 'loony left', whom I believe to be just left of communism, I think?

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Kevin Rudd is awesome, and far better than what you Australians had before. Your other Prime Minister was a complete joke. That other guy (not John Howard) who's now the face of the Liberal Party is a question-dodging politician. He's worse than Hilary Clinton, who's another politician right now that I wouldn't exactly "trust". Anyway, I saw this Liberal (Liberals = the conservative party, which is awfully confusing, Australia) on TV during an interview, and when asked any serious questions, he would give the stereotypical politician's answer......namely, he'll talk and talk without actually answering the question that was asked.

7. OzExige thread starter macrumors 6502

OzExige

As far as being awesome is concerned, I don't think that befits any politician however,
    you do not speak with forked tongue Kemosabe,

or do you?

8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I'm still getting over the fact that Peter Garret is your Minister for Environment, Heritage and the Arts...it seems that he's done a lot of backpedaling since actually getting into a position where he needs to put his money where his mouth is. Does he give speeches in his "singing" voice?

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hmm... So when George Bush salutes the Marines at the door to his helicopter, is he actually saying that the Marines, not the President, are running the country?

10. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

A flippant gesture that means nothing outside of the military obviously means that Australia is acknowledging the USA's superiority...:rolleyes:

Slow news day in the land down under?

11. MacHipster macrumors 6502

12. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

This is a ridiculous story. Every consider that the two are friends and he was just greeting the President?

""It takes seasoned maturity to ensure Australia is never second-rated in the international arena and Mr Rudd is not there yet. ""

And it take seasoned maturity to realize that the impact Australia has in the international arena is second-rated to the U.S. and E.U. And I love Australia, but this "news story" is nothing more than a shot at the current people in power and no better than the jingoism of some citizens of the U.S. that so many decry.

13. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

correct me if i'm wrong
    Australia just got rid of their crappy bush-like president and replaced him with a labour party (democratic) leader

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Wow, you guys must hate Bush more than we do. And that's saying something, because despite what you think, most of us don't like him either. Sadly, we're almost used to him though, so we're just waiting for him to leave. Doesn't mean we like what he's doing now, just that for some reason we don't bother to stop him or even raise a fuss anymore. Other countries are tougher on their leaders aren't they? Don't worry, if we get a Dem back in they won't be able to get away with anything without being scrutinized.

15. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

They've never been the same since their empire with Hungary was split up.