Australian iPhone - Sad State of Depression / Furious Rage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AaronChiles, Jun 9, 2008.

1. AaronChiles macrumors newbie

Here are my issues:
    -I live in the US.
    -I leave to study abroad in Australia 10:30AM on July 11th (!!!!!!!!)
    -I was planning on having the new iPhone to cuddle with on that long plane ride

Now my question is...where do I buy the iPhone in Australia on July 11th? As far as I know there is only one Apple store there so far. I also heard they were going to be sold unlocked. Hopefully they'll just let me do a prepaid service thing there. That's about it. Any Australians have any insignt?

2. AaronChiles thread starter macrumors newbie

Vodafone it is...they say they are doing prepaid. I guess I'm going from the airport to a Vodafone store. Thanks!

3. Tragedies macrumors 6502

Do you think Vodafone will offer prepaid iPhones for 200 dollars? Or will the price rise due to prepaid?

4. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

There's no way Vodafone would give you the phone for $200 on prepay. Especially when the Touch already starts at $399.

Maybe the new iPhone will be in those electronic kiosks in the international terminals with the rest of the ipods that morning. Otherwise there are usually Vodafone stores at the airport, at least in Sydney.

5. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

Vodafone is a sub-provider of Optus anyway.
    And both of these are offering the iPhone as either a Plan or on Pre-Paid.
    And its $199 USD for an 8GB which, from what ive heard, means that it will be around the $220 mark for a prepaid from Optus/ Vodafone.

That's just what ive heard while researching.

6. Caracarn macrumors newbie

I'm with Optus already so will sign up with them again if the plans are reasonable.

The Iphone cost is being subsidised by the carrier so if it costs $200 to get the 8Gb ver on a 2 year plan some how I doubt you're going to get it for the same price pre-paid, if at all.

7. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

one apple store in Australia. HAHAHA...

there's hundreds if not thousands. They are resellers, they will have the iPhone.

8. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

In regards to Optus, do you think they will introduce a data plan similar to that of the AT&T plan over in the US?