Australian Journalist Has A Brutal Takedown Of Trump At The G20

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by RootBeerMan, Jul 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502a

RootBeerMan

OMG! This guy lays it all out in a civilised manner and says what the American press should be saying where Trump's lack of performance at the G20 (G19) summit was concerned. He has managed, in his short tenure, to diminish the stature of the US on the international stage in ways that even Obama could not. MAGA? Yeah, that ain't gonna happen while he's in the White House. We'll be decades repairing the damage he's doing.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

good, the more other countries leave the harder it is to wage war just on our own , trump 2020 :D

3. RootBeerMan thread starter macrumors 6502a

RootBeerMan

4. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

Yeah, the world wants nothing to do with him. [​IMG]

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Oh they will make nice and try to get some sort of a deal for their country, but do you think these people really want to be around him? It's a shotgun marriage and a marriage of convenience, not something they would prefer. Do you really think these leaders want to deal with him after he childishly lectured them the last trip he was on? I don't think so.

He has alienated them. Much like he has alienated a great many back home, even within his own party. And that is the big picture here that seems to be missed by Trump supporters/defenders. That he really could had made a difference if he had only tried to reach out to people and be more cordial. Not a jackass who takes to twitter and bashes people in 140 characters at a time. Trump makes it harder for himself. And that truly is a shame. Everyone suffers for it.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

agree, kick them out of they don't like it.

7. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

They are smiling because they know otherwise the boss will say "you're fired!"

Donnie became a legend in just 6 months. :D

And someone tell that aussie clown that no one cares what he has to say (except the outraged lefties of the prsi :p)

8. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yes. A legend in his own mind.

9. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

some 60 million and growing :D

10. zin Suspended

Um, restoring relations with Russia; working with China on NK; ceasefire in Syria; recent successes in Mosul.

What kind of 'difference' would you like Trump to make? Being popular means nothing. These people are not your friends. It isn't a club. They are there to represent their citizens, nothing else.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

seems some liberals prefer war, at least the wars Obama engaged in......

12. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

60 million what? What do you think is growing?
    --- Post Merged, Jul 9, 2017 ---
    Yeah, restoring relations with an enemy trying to undermine you is such a "success". :rolleyes:

How's that working out so far? You're really ready to proclaim things a success there? Really? As North Korea keeps firing off missiles? Wow.

It's only been in effect mere hours. A little premature to be calling it a success don't ya think?

If you want to give Trump credit for that...um....okay. It's not like Iraq is doing anything there, right?

I told you already...he needs to stop being a jackass on twitter and stop alienating people. I'll add another big one: stop lying which you know he does..a lot. And stop making things up.

In and of itself I would agree, but if you think you get more with vinegar than you do with honey, you are just incorrect.

13. lobeyonekenobi macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

A True Blue Aussie mate, good on him, makes me proud to be a foreign Aussie, least he has a spine to speak his mind.

14. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I do think the rest of the world has been codependent on us way too long and we've enabled it, but if the pupils become the masters I'm not confident they are going to look at us as the independence supporters so much as the abusive alcoholic father they should have had the self esteem to estrange a long time ago.

15. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Australians and their Liberal government.

16. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

I think Australia and the US define 'liberals' differently.

As much as I agree with everything said in the video, it's really just name calling and not really expanding on a particular issue. It's really just a speech of what we already know. But it would be nice if everyone who thinks like this, be it politician, journalist, celebrity, CEO or barista (yes I meant barista, that's not a typo) say it and keep saying it. Right now, Trump could declare war or the entire planet and it would lead to a mere investigation. His actions to date need to lead to immediate removal as an incompetent, lying faker.

17. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Lead the world? His jobs is to lead AMERICA not the world. What this guy see's as a decline in leadership is Trump telling the other 19 that he is not going to be pressured into FOLLOWING them. Seems when he goes down his OWN path vs following the Euro leaders in their plans he is criticized. Well, Merkel can continue to lead Germany down her path and enjoy her country being over run by refugees and the countries that have been taking advantage of us on trade can continue to complain that he's not up for allowing that to continue.

Eastern and Western Europe are divided so if anyone there is trying to mock him for not leading the world, perhaps they should work on their own relationships before trying to bash his. When their ready to step up and take our place in the many areas we've stepped in to lead and help others, then perhaps they might have a point, but I've yet to see anyone do that. When they have the largest economy and military in the world then perhaps they might have a point. Until then, he's going to lead by example and they are welcome to take their own path. In the mean time, I appreciate an administration that is focused on leading our country and looking out for America First.

18. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Is he not a world leader by appointment? He might be a completely irresponsible and incompetent buffoon but didn’t he win an election?

If his intention is to lead America and nothing else then he could save lots of tax dollars and not bother flying to these events. Why get heavy with the Assad regime if he’s only thinking about America?

You should be so lucky that he was even thinking about America. He’s thinking of no-one but himself. He’s just got a massive job and not interested in getting anything done.

19. pdqgp, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017

pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

He's the President of the UNITED STATES not the world. I don't expect him to bow-down to the Europian leaders and their decisions on how to work with other countries and just the same I don't expect them to follow him.

In the end I see Merkel and others just bent that he's got his own agenda and is focused on executing that vs theirs. The time for them to take advantage of us and to apply undue pressure to get us to do as they wish is over and they are just pissed about it. Anyone really surprised about that? Shame on us for allowing that crap to have been going on for years.

20. weckart macrumors 601

Dunno. Uhlmann is a bid of an oddball at the best of times, tbh. Very right wing and a conspiracy theorist. Not someone who you would think would speak out against Trump but there you are.

21. samcraig macrumors P6

He needs to start acting like it. Regardless of "wins" here and there (of which there are few) - he needs to conduct himself as a President. Until the time he does that - he will be continue to be a joke on the World Stage.

22. pdqgp, Jul 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017

pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I won't condone his tweets but in the end the results are more important. We've seen for years what well dressed prim and proper gets us. Combing the two would be great but until then, I really don't care or pay attention to tweets or what other leaders "think" about his tweets. I'm focused on getting results and what we as a country do in terms of policy. If other leaders don't like him or his statements I really don't care.

23. samcraig macrumors P6

I think we should worry about both. Words don't live in a vacuum. They are ALL actions to be examined. Divorcing the two shouldn't be an option.

24. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I've added to my post above and am not disagreeing but I think way too many people waste too much time on caring what he tweets. The old "all words matter" BS is just more hot air whining IMO. Time to get things done and stop stopping to examine everything and save the energy and resources for what really matters.

If he wants to call Rosie a pig while he tweets from the toilet, I can't change that and if he's effective otherwise, I don't really care beyond the minor annoyance it really is. People need to stop focusing in on the noise and banter, but then that doesn't drive ratings or fulfill the needs of whiners who like to complain about him, so I won't hold my breath.

25. samcraig macrumors P6

Again - what he tweets is important. Especially if they are lies. Words matter is not BS. Especially for someone in the political arena who is interfacing with other governments.

I stand by my assertion that you can't or shouldn't divorce the two.