Auto Brightness has a mind of its own...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Megalobyte, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

It's not working very well. 2 things I notice. One, it'll just change its brightness level drastically for no good reason. And 2, on the slider, the position doesn't seem to accurately reflect how bright the screen actually is.

Anybody else noticing a buggy auto brightness setting?

2. divisionbuyzero macrumors member

divisionbuyzero

Yes I had to disable mine. It kept going to 100% brightness when I would start it down near 20%.

3. wepiii macrumors 6502

I think they changed the way auto brightness works in ios 6. I set mine just how I want it in a completely dark room, then how I want it in a well lit room, and then how I want it outside on a bright day. I can actually see my slider move on its own to exactly where I last set it whenever the lighting conditions change.... If you aren't aware of it, you will be led to believe it isn't working, but if you think about it, it's actually a much better system. I have set mine for those 3 different environments and I haven't had to touch if again. So basically, set it how you want it in your current lighting situation, and whenever you return to that same lighting situation the brightness will adjust to where you had it.

4. RDaneel macrumors newbie

That is a good explanation. I was trying to figure it out also. Thanks!