Auto Unlock only works sometimes

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by satinsilverem2, Jul 13, 2017.

1. satinsilverem2 macrumors 6502a

satinsilverem2

So ive been having an issue with my watch for a couple of months now and I think Ive narrowed down when it does it. I can't get my watch to unlock my MacBook Pro unless the machine is disconnected from wifi. ive repaired the watch to the phone and reset all of the network settings and its still doing it. Ive made a genius appointment but they told me that because I was running a beta that they couldn't help me. However under the table they told me that it might be a hardware issue with the watch as I was also having issues with the watch connecting to my iPhone. Ive also had a lot of issues with lag on my MM2, MK, and MT2. Even with no USB 3 devices connected and the machine less than two feet away. Does this sound like it could be an issue with the airport card in the MBP?

2. Donovan Dillon macrumors member

I have this issue on my 2016 Touch Bar MBP and Series 1 Watch. I filed a bug report with Apple and they subsequently requested logs on both MBP and Watch when the issue occurs. I've provided both, so hopefully the Apple dev team is working on a fix.

3. stooovie macrumors 6502a

The whole Continuity thing only works sometimes. Completely unreliable.