iPad Automatic and Persistent Personal Hotspot

Discussion in 'iOS 13' started by poorcody, Jun 14, 2019 at 6:56 AM.

1. poorcody macrumors 6502a

poorcody

2. DeanLubaki macrumors 6502a

DeanLubaki

You never has to manually activate the Personal Hotspot. If your device is signed into the same iCloud account, then it doesn't need to be activated manually.

3. poorcody thread starter macrumors 6502a

poorcody

I've heard that said, but have never found it to work across multiple iPhones and iPads. What is this new iOS 13 functionality then if not that?

4. Feenician macrumors 601

Feenician

Family sharing (others in your family accounts can join automatically, or with optional approval) and "allow others to join" to allow/disallow other users.

5. poorcody thread starter macrumors 6502a

poorcody

From the link to Apple's website that I quoted above:

6. Feenician macrumors 601

Feenician

Right. Those are new too. Hotspot used to disable itself after a period and previously iOS never made an automatic connection to hotspots when theres no other internet access.

7. gavroche macrumors 65816

gavroche

I'm in the same boat as the OP... My iPad never auto connects. I always have to go to settings on iPhone and go to personal hotspot, and wait there until the iPad connects. If IOS 13 eliminates that necessity, I'm a happy camper.

8. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Except this is a hit-or-miss for me back then, cause I never connected to my iPhone PH using Mac without entering password before.

With iOS 13, this automatic hotspot works better than before now. And persistent hotspot works as advertised.