Autopsy: Stephon Clark shot 8 times in back or side by police

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

I haven’t been following this story closely but it looks bad. Shame it’s not getting more attention because the media is obsessed with Trump and Washington DC.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/30/...endent-autopsy.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Stephon Clark, the unarmed black man who was killed by the Sacramento police in his grandmother’s backyard, was shot eight times from behind or the side, according to a private autopsy commissioned by his family. The autopsy concluded that Mr. Clark’s death was not instantaneous, taking an estimated three to 10 minutes, raising questions about why Mr. Clark was not given more immediate medical care after the shooting.

2. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Simple fact that Paramedics will not enter a "hot zone".

3. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

There have been a few back to back instances of late and the administration has be characteristically silent. One of the things that Huckabee Sanders flustered the other day was her insistence that this was a local matter, and reporters being thrown by that. At this point, unless 45 wants to distract from his own problems we shouldn't expect to hear from this administration about things like this, it just isn't relevant to them.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

This needs to be thoroughly investigated and the officers held accountable if found guilty.

5. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

That's just it. There's a very good chance that A. It won't be investigated thoroughly, or B. We will get an investigation of some sort that we won't get the details of and the officers will be cleared. Whatever your own personal thoughts on the recent Alton Sterling matter, it does weigh heavily on the minds of those PoC on the receiving end of policing. And this shooting is yet another reminder that some things will NOT change, want to be changed, or even addressed. To many PoC such policing is an alarming matter that needs to be addressed, to this current administration and DoJ, everything's working the way it's supposed to, no need for comment. If there is a need for comment, it should come from local officials. That is unless of course a few factors change ( I'll let you jump the gun on that one ) THEN the administration can weigh in, for the sake of 45's base.

6. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

Probably. Dark backyard, suspect with object "phone" in his hand, suddenly moves into the direction of cops, not complying with orders. What bothers me is why they waited so long to call in EMS. Also, excessive amount of rounds fired. No need to keep firing when he dropped like a sack of potatoes.

7. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502a

RootBeerMan

Yeah, cops investigating cops always results in justice. :mad:
    --- Post Merged, Mar 30, 2018 ---
    If things follow the history of similar shootings the cops waited to call EMS so they could all get their stories straight. This is not unusual for them.

8. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

With that criteria and the sheer nanoseconds offered to comply with multiple demands, there's really no winning in that situation. Especially when fearful for one's life. By your statement anything in his hand can be perceived as a gun, even if it is not a gun but an object with a light source. There's little chance for that individual.

Little notation: If you are shot in the back repeatedly, there maybe a strong chance ( not discounting the body being impacted ) you are NOT moving in the direction of police officers.

What's disturbing is the recurrence of such incidents.

What's disturbing is the almost complete acceptance that there will be nothing about these incidents from the current administration. Otherwise described by one black journalist as being 'comfortably numb'

9. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

I hate the fact the keep trying to make this racial.

This shooting had more to do with jumpy cops in a real dark area than race. Hell, it was so dark the person could have been blue and the outcome would have been the same.

10. Rogifan, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018

Rogifan thread starter macrumors Core

Rogifan

Yeah it was pretty embarrassing when she said that. When something suits Trump and his supporters it’s not a local matter. Kate Steine wasn’t a local matter.

11. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

This isn’t going to end well.
    Are there people actually claiming it’s racial? Unbelievable if there are.

12. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

I don't think this will end well either. Are cops ever found guilty in these situations, let alone charged? It seems hardly ever. Certainly I don't think every one of these instances that have received so much attention deserved a guilty verdict for the cops, but some of them were quite egregious, yet they seem to always be acquitted or or not even charged.

13. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

I'll await the official docs and then compare them to the private autopsy findings.
    Till then, we are just jumping at projected shadows...

14. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

No, not projected. It was quite dark that night. Sac PD has already released body cams from both officers and from the helicopter.
    Yep. BLM is all over this. Al Sharpton cane to town to give his eulogy.

Protesters have blocked 3 of the last 4 Kings home games.

What this has to do with basketball, I have no clue, but the arena is turning into a favorite place to protest.

15. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Please, I hope they’re not actually trying to blame this on race. If they are then they’re just undermining their credibility. If so, yuck.

16. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Haven’t you noticed every report states he was a black man. That’s the way they are pushing. One of the “shooting officers” was black.

17. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Yes. And the officers were sent to investigate a crime and directed to the suspect by a helo using FLIR. Hard to categorize this as race driven.

I have my own personal opinion on the shooting, but it’s irrelevant at the moment. I’m only commenting on this as race related.

18. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

I'll assume you misunderstood me or were just being sarcastic.
    • We have the cams (no sound)
    • We have the air cams
    • We do not have the official autopsy
    • We do not have all the testimony
    • We have a private autopsy
    • We have all kinds of armchair quaterbacking.
    Like I said, I will await the official stuff to come out.

19. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

Take away the guns as he'd still be alive if the police were not armed. It's really simple.

20. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

And the criminals would even more heavily arm. It is simple.

21. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

The cams do have sound.

22. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

They did to start with. The after shooting portion they were instructed to mute their cameras.
    Curious as to why... LINK

23. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

The disturbing part to all of this, is the need of the family to hire for their own private autopsy. The fact that these things have happened so often & continue to happen, inspires such little trust from the victim's families in getting justice.

24. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

So I guess reaching out to Rosanne Barr must be a matter of National Security then.

25. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

If you're this administration, that maybe a priority over other matters of importance to some in this country.