Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Auxo 2, the followup to 2012’s popular jailbreak tweak Auxo, is now available in the Cydia Store. The product of developers @Sentry_NC and QusicS, the new tweak includes a number of features including a unified view for the Control Center and app switcher, a Quick Switcher for moving between apps using gestures, a hot corners feature that allows access to apps by touching the corners of an iOS device, and more.

auxo_2_quick_switcher-800x450.jpg
Unlike the stock iOS 7 experience, Auxo 2 allows users to access the app switcher, multitasking controls, and Control Center toggles entirely with the use of gestures, all while combining all three elements into one interface and offering a variety of settings for customization.

Auxo 2’s flagship feature is the Quick Switcher, which allows users to switch between apps by swiping from the bottom left of a device and releasing a finger on an open app. By default, the Quick Switcher is limited to six apps, but users may enable an unlimited amount of apps in the settings. The Quick Switcher features a fluid animation in line with the rest of iOS 7, and features dynamic full screen previews for each app.

auxo2_multi_center-800x450.jpg
Meanwhile, Auxo 2's Multi-Center feature combines iOS 7's toggles, App Switcher, and media controls into one interface. In order to achieve the sheer number of controls located within Multi-Center, Auxo 2 locates a few elements in different places, with the AirPlay/AirDrop buttons and control toggles at the top, which is followed by media controls at the bottom. Multi-Center animates in and out of an open app, and contains various customization settings.

Auxo 2 also offers a Hot Corners feature, which allows users to return to the home screen by swiping up from the bottom right corner of the screen or access the app switcher from swiping up from the bottom left of the display. This enables users to access both UI elements with only gestures as opposed to using the home button.

auxo_2_settings-800x450.jpg
Among other features, Auxo 2 allows the user to scrub through iTunes Radio tracks with its media controls, something that is not possible with the stock Music app. Other toggles for turning off elements, accessing the last open app, inverting the Hot Corners feature, and disabling the tweak in selected apps are available as well.

Auxo 2 is out now on the Cydia Store for $3.99, and is available at a discounted price of $1.99 for users who bought the original Auxo tweak. iDownloadBlog also has a detailed review of Auxo 2 covering all of its major features and customization options, and can be seen in the video below.

Article Link: Jailbreak Tweak Auxo 2 Brings Unified Control Center, Gesture-Based Multitasking to iOS

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
Baring the theme giving me a headache...

Conceptually I like the layout of the unified Control Center, but the rest seems a little gimmicky for my tastes.

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
Just bought it for $1.99 since I already had version 1... Pretty awesome
I still prefer the Gridswitcher tweak...p

Swift

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2003
Los Angeles
I don't get it

Cool programming, but why on earth would you want to use a phone or tablet this way? Just to use up cycles? Do an experiment about how fast you can drain a battery?

Di4mondz

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2012
Cool programming, but why on earth would you want to use a phone or tablet this way? Just to use up cycles? Do an experiment about how fast you can drain a battery?

Ha, my battery life is just as good as when my iPhone was not jalbroken. I have 50+ tweaks installed and I pull out 2 hour plus battery life. It's still as fast as stock if not faster.

Last edited:

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013
I somehow was able to purchase it for 99 cents...control center buttons make it crash unless you do it on the lockscreen which is a loss....but the rest is really nice.

henzpwnapple

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2009
Now making me want to JB again... or can i trade these off with the parallax effects and all those useless motion things? :(

I want my phone to be functional, not... cheezy. :mad:

0xyMoron

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
California
It's an ok tweak but i don't see the reason why do i need to call-up Control Center every time i want to use app switcher. MultiTaskingGeastures + GridSwitcher is a much better combo for comfortable multitasking experience.

darkslide29

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2011
San Francisco, California
Sounds cool that I'd purchase it for $2 without even thinking about it! For $4 (since I didn't own the original), eh i'll wait a few days and see if I still want it.. Funny how the mind works for some people. :eek:

Tim098

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2013
Why would you say that? Where do you think Apple got its idea for Control Center?

True but it took them so many years before admitting that having quick settings was awesome. I hope it doesn't take them more than iOS 8 to bring a quick switcher feature in. Auxo 2 nailed it IMO.

Curly Howard

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2015
Here is some important info that I just have to enter. A couple of days ago Cydia came out with a new Tweak called Mirmir in the BigBoss repo for $3.99 the problem is it's suppose to make a home screen icon for control of the tweak which it does. But when you incorporate it with other tweaks like Aternum or themes like Stye HD for iOS8 the icon can't be found leaving the controls to the tweak useless. So to ask money for a fraudulent tweak is wrong and criminal. I make a habbit to try out new Tweaks to see how they interact with other tweaks and Mirmir falls way belw the threshold. And iTwe4kz and others on YouTube should of known better before endorsing it.

Curly Howard

Auxo 2, the followup to 2012’s popular jailbreak tweak Auxo, is now available in the Cydia Store. The product of developers @Sentry_NC and QusicS, the new tweak includes a number of features including a unified view for the Control Center and app switcher, a Quick Switcher for moving between apps using gestures, a hot corners feature that allows access to apps by touching the corners of an iOS device, and more.

auxo_2_quick_switcher-800x450.jpg
Unlike the stock iOS 7 experience, Auxo 2 allows users to access the app switcher, multitasking controls, and Control Center toggles entirely with the use of gestures, all while combining all three elements into one interface and offering a variety of settings for customization.

Auxo 2’s flagship feature is the Quick Switcher, which allows users to switch between apps by swiping from the bottom left of a device and releasing a finger on an open app. By default, the Quick Switcher is limited to six apps, but users may enable an unlimited amount of apps in the settings. The Quick Switcher features a fluid animation in line with the rest of iOS 7, and features dynamic full screen previews for each app.

auxo2_multi_center-800x450.jpg
Meanwhile, Auxo 2's Multi-Center feature combines iOS 7's toggles, App Switcher, and media controls into one interface. In order to achieve the sheer number of controls located within Multi-Center, Auxo 2 locates a few elements in different places, with the AirPlay/AirDrop buttons and control toggles at the top, which is followed by media controls at the bottom. Multi-Center animates in and out of an open app, and contains various customization settings.

Auxo 2 also offers a Hot Corners feature, which allows users to return to the home screen by swiping up from the bottom right corner of the screen or access the app switcher from swiping up from the bottom left of the display. This enables users to access both UI elements with only gestures as opposed to using the home button.

auxo_2_settings-800x450.jpg
Among other features, Auxo 2 allows the user to scrub through iTunes Radio tracks with its media controls, something that is not possible with the stock Music app. Other toggles for turning off elements, accessing the last open app, inverting the Hot Corners feature, and disabling the tweak in selected apps are available as well.

Auxo 2 is out now on the Cydia Store for $3.99, and is available at a discounted price of $1.99 for users who bought the original Auxo tweak. iDownloadBlog also has a detailed review of Auxo 2 covering all of its major features and customization options, and can be seen in the video below.

Article Link: Jailbreak Tweak Auxo 2 Brings Unified Control Center, Gesture-Based Multitasking to iOS

Curly Howard

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2015
Here is some important info that I just have to enter. A couple of days ago Cydia came out with a new Tweak called Mirmir in the BigBoss repo for $3.99 the problem is it's suppose to make a home screen icon for control of the tweak which it does. But when you incorporate it with other tweaks like Aternum or themes like Stye HD for iOS8 the icon can't be found leaving the controls to the tweak useless. So to ask money for a fraudulent tweak is wrong and criminal. I make a habbit to try out new Tweaks to see how they interact with other tweaks and Mirmir falls way belw the threshold. And iTwe4kz and others on YouTube should of known better before endorsing it.

Curly Howard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.