Availability at a T-Mobile Store this Friday

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snarestud940, Apr 9, 2013.

1. snarestud940 macrumors 6502

Do you guys think it's going to be a blowout at the stores? My store opens at nine and I'm probably going to be there about quarter till nine.

I live in CT. Anyone else here from there?

2. andyx3x macrumors 65816

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

Depends on the store and your market and how many other T-Mobile stores are within the area. Lots of variables. My store is expecting lines and I've heard T-Mobile as a whole is expecting at least 100,000 to be sold on Friday.

4. bozzykid macrumors 68020

I'm just wondering if Apple Stores will be carrying it Friday. There have been reports they will but there has been no confirmation. We know for sure T-mobile stores will.

5. Tallguy93 macrumors member

They will. I called and confirmed. You may want to call your local store and confirm as well.

6. predation macrumors 6502a

7. azhagan macrumors member

I am in CT as well, Bristol actually. I called into the store near me, and they put me on a waiting list. I really don't know if there is going to be that much demand.

8. AmazingGraceTx macrumors regular

AmazingGraceTx

I am in San Antonio Texas and am on a waiting list as well. Changed my plan from a classic with five lines. The rep only charged me a $50 migration fee for all lines. This waiting list though...makes me wonder. Almost seems too good to be true. I've been on the tmobile Facebook all week listening to the nay Sayers and worrying that this iPhone thing won't really happen as easily as the tmobile rep is saying. So many don't seem to be able to get any good info. I even called tmobile back to make sure I'm qualified for the 99/20 a month plan. According to my rep, I am, so we shall see.

9. snarestud940 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm in Trumbull. Gonna head to the trumbull mall. I think I will be ok. You think so?

10. smthkat789 macrumors newbie

I'm in phoenix, az and the store near me is going to open an hour early.
    They have plenty of stock, I saw it and they do expect a line up.

11. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

I hope you guys intending to buy from an Apple or TMobile store are aware that they will only stock the 16 GB version. Any other variant is online order only at this point!

12. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Apple carries all sizes of the unlocked iPhone 5 in their Apple Stores. Assuming they get the updated version Friday, it should be no problem getting a bigger size there.

13. upnorth85 macrumors 6502

Wrong information! Only T-Mobile is not selling above 16GB in stores. It does not apply to Apple stores.

14. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

Be warned that the unlocked iPhone at the Apple Store will cost more than if you buy it at the T-Mobile Store.

15. dtbratt macrumors 6502

dtbratt

I was curious about this? If I buy at full price @ T-Mobile. Will it come unlocked?

16. bozzykid macrumors 68020

No one knows yet. It may. If it doesn't, then you can request an unlock from T-mobile right away.

17. dtbratt macrumors 6502

dtbratt

I have a Pay-Per-Day plan and Iam from Canada so, thats what I was thinking of doing.

18. metsphan23 macrumors newbie

Nyet. With approved credit.

19. maxosx macrumors 68020

I believe the blowout days are over.

Anyone who's read the fine print & done the research knows that T-Mobiles annual costs to operate an iPhone bought from them is the same or more than AT&T.

Therefore the only advantage is you have no contract. Some revere the mere thought of it. Yet if you plan on using your iPhone you're going to have to use a carrier and pay for what you get.

I studied it carefully and from a purely financial perspective T-Mobile would actually cost me a bit more. There's no appeal there, since I've received nothing but the best service, call quality & customer service from AT&T.

That said I hope T-Mobile does well, competition is beneficial to all.

20. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

How do you figure? Maybe for people that have old grandfathered plans this might hold true, but for anyone looking to sign a new contract T-Mobile has the best pricing around.

21. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Huh? For a single line, T-Mobile saves you several hundred dollars over 2 years. It's only when adding more than 2 lines where T-Mobile is no longer a great value.