AW2 more exciting than any other new products from Apple

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by username:, Aug 20, 2016.

1. username: macrumors 6502a

I'm excited about seeing the new Apple Watch! Even if the form factor is the same, I'm excited to see new features! In my opinion this is the most exciting product from Apple at the moment. Maybe it's the fact that wearable tech is new and interesting, or its kind of a ground breaking market that we haven't seen before.
    Anyone else agree?

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I think wearable tech is evolving and consumers are figuring out how relates to their needs, rather it be health or notifications. I don't think Smart Watches are on a ground breaking phenom at this time, but over time, health advancements could lead us their. In the last two years, Wearable tech has definitely increased in popularity. I love my stainless steel Apple Watch.

As far as the Apple Watch 2, even though not confirmed, I think we will see an upgraded S2 Chip, possibly additional casing options, possible GPS and maybe battery improvements. Should be an interesting Key Note.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Late to the party? The AW is 1.5 years old so not exactly groundbreaking that we haven't seen before.

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I do not find the rumors on the AW2 to be very exciting at all

5. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Nor do I, but I don't think they're supposed to be (assuming there's any truth in them)

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Time will tell.

I got two AWatches now I hardly ever use so Apple would have to really step up for me . . . .

7. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

He's not talking about AW, he's referring to AW2!

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I'm talking about the Apple Watch in general. 1.5 years is a long time in the tech world so not exactly groundbreaking that a brand new market would otherwise provide. If anything, the rumored features of the AW2 are more evolutionary than revolutionary, much like how the rather crippled original iPhone had a lot of catching up to do. So what, exactly, is there to be excited about with the AW2 that we're not already with the AW1?

9. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

I agree absolutely. It's all evolutionary rather than revolutionary nowadays. But in fareness to the OP, we've all got different things that "float our boat" and whilst the new AW2 won't keep me awake with its "newness" I am looking forward to it coming out...and buying it

10. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I'm more interested in the new finishes and bands. AW2 is a tweak, not that revolutionary, but Titanium and some new over-priced bands is a tad more interesting, but not by much. The Watch needs a shot in the arm, so to speak; but Apple doesn't do things like that unless someone is beating them. I think major updates are not feasible for the wearable market yet, Apple seems ok with just selling millions with a minor upgrade. I bet they make more profit % from bands anyway. A really new Watch, now that would be exciting.

11. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

I'm more excited about Watch OS3 than I am about the AW2. Maybe I will buy a new band at the same time I install the new OS, and it will feel like a completely new watch! :cool:

12. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Yes, I agree, I think the free OS3 update is way more valuable than AW2 upgrades that we are hearing about..

13. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

For the moment, I'm definitely more excited about and interested in upgrading my AW than I am my iPhone. This is the first iPhone cycle where I won't upgrade after two years - assuming the rumors about the iPhone 7 are more or less accurate. My iPhone 6+ is likely going to be stretched a 3rd year.

Conversely, I'd really love GPS in the watch, and the early beta proved that Apple is definitely working on independent route mapping in the AW itself. That's reason enough for me to upgrade. Everything else would be gravy.

14. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Same. Except I don't even have an AW yet. Wife does and I find it too feature lacking for what I would have to pay for it. Price drop (and watch is 3) have tempted me but I think I'll wait until they announce the revision. Hoping beyond hope the 7th includes an announcement.

15. username: thread starter macrumors 6502a

The good thing is they are just rumours! Yeah I know we have a pretty good idea of what's coming but still I get excited about thinking of what's possible!

When people say wearable tech is the future I never really believe it but then I look at the Apple Watch and realise that yeah that could be all I need for a trip to the shops if it had cellular. I can see the day of not needing an iPhone.

And there are a lot of cool things that are possible with just a GPS chip.

16. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Given the recent sales and general lack of stock I would be stunned if there's no AW2 announcement. And disappointed.