Awaiting Ferguson, minutes or hours?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 63dot, Nov 24, 2014.

1. 63dot, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014

63dot macrumors 603

63dot

http://cnnuslive.cnn.com/Event/Grand_jury_rules_in_Michael_Browns_death?hpt=hp_t1

For a lot of the day, the news has reported there is a decision in and it will be announced shortly. The majority white jury needs to rule 9-3 to convict the Officer Darren Wilson of a crime in the shooting death of Michael Brown.

The national guard has been recently put in place, possibly for a decision that may start a riot even though there has been a voice from many white and black people to maintain calm at whatever the outcome is.

The opinion appears to be divided somewhat, but not completely along racial lines as to whether Officer Wilson should be exonerated or convicted (murder 1, murder 2, voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter). The case appears to address the larger issue of white cops in general when it comes to issues with race and police brutality and whether a larger issue exists.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/24/politics/ferguson-wilson-cnn-poll/index.html

Everything I understand tells me that there was reasonable amount of recklessness making this a form of manslaughter. I can't fathom this being a not guilty case. At the very least, involuntary manslaughter but YMMV.

2. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I heard the decision will be announced at 8 Central, 9 Eastern

The Grand Jury won't convict or exonerate but rather determine if Wilson will stand trial or not. And if so which charge.

3. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

CNN puts a poll on their site, asking readers how they would rule, without seeing the evidence presented to the Grand Jury?

Interesting.

4. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

Soon soon soon....

Come on, hurry up already!

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I find it very strange that this announcement would come a 9PM CST.

6. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

8PM CST.

It is odd, and the fact that they have waited, makes me believe it will be a no bill.

7. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

It sounds like they will release the transcripts and other evidence if there is no inditement.

I feel like right now I don't know enough about the shooting either way to judge, but I have not been following the news on this too closely.

I just hope for peace in the streets either way.....

8. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

It's almost like they are trying to tire the mobs to have the least amount of rioting possible. Or maybe they just wait until tomorrow morning, when everyone has work.

Why you would make an announcement when mobs are at their peak in numbers, with minimum visability, is beyond me. Sounds dangerous.

9. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Same here. Unfortunately, I think it is going to get ugly.

10. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

Why would they wait till this late in the day? Why not keep it sealed and announce in the morning?

It is a lot easier to do crowd control in the daylight then after it is dark.

11. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Some "expert" on CNN said he thought it would be better when it is dark because more people would go home, feeling it wasn't safe to be out at night. He might have been the same guy who thought they were about to find that plane a few months ago, though...

They also just said that Wilson was not asked to turn himself in so if that's true, there probably aren't any charges against him.

12. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

There's pros and cons to whatever time they decide to make the announcement. Who knows what went into the decision of the timing, but it is time to move forward.

13. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

they found the plane