Award-winning anchorwoman is FIRED for 'racist' Facebook post

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by XrayTed, Apr 3, 2016.

1. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

Scenario - 4 black people and a fetus were killed in Pittsburgh. Cops, as is their habit these days, released no info about who might be suspected of doing this.
    Everyone knows, more black on black murder - But not many are willing to say what everyone knows. This woman did and she is now ostracized and out of a job. Here is what she said:

'You needn't be a criminal profiler to draw a mental sketch of the killers who broke so many hearts two weeks ago Wednesday.

'They are young black men, likely teens or in their early 20s.

'They have multiple siblings from multiple fathers and their mothers work multiple jobs. These boys have been in the system before.

'They've grown up there. They know the police. They've been arrested.'

[Thats only part of what she said, so is slightly out of context of course]

My feeling is, she should have left it at "They are young black men, likely teens or in their early 20s", that is going to prove 100% true.
    As for the rest, probably true [except the "mothers work multiple jobs" part, I highly doubt that], but she would have done better not to spout off about that - That is only educated speculation.

Far as I know, no suspects have been caught, nor has there been any description of the killers. Cops often run into a wall of silence in these hood massacres, but its highly unlikely that they have no idea who might have done this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rofiler-draw-mental-sketch-killers-black.html

2. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

What does the fact that she won awards have to do with her being fired over saying racist things? It's at least the second time she's done it.

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

5. sodapop1, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2016

sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

More whites kill whites, more hispanics kill hispanics and you're most likely to be killed by someone you know. Everybody knows this ...

[​IMG]

6. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Your stats aren't for homicides while you are talking about homicides:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States

"According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher. Most homicides were intraracial, with 84% of white victims killed by whites, and 93% of black victims killed by blacks."

Take into account that black males make up probably 7% of the populace and you get a real wtf moment

7. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Now you're trying to make a different argument, I was responding to the OP misguided comments about intraracial homicide which even you're stats prove to be the case.

So the next time there is a homicide within a white family, this reporter should have no problem posting this on her FB page.

8. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

They do all the time. Whenever there is a shooting the first thing they say is another male white shooter. You even have some regressives hoping shooters are white like with Samuel L Jackson with the San Bernardino shooting.

9. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

She deserved to be fired. You can't call yourself a professional reporter and post speculative crap like that, "racist" or not.

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

You're probably right. She let her emotions get the better of her.

She could still find a job on Fox Business network.

11. steve knight, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016

steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Well that's not racist or stereotyping or anything. fox news education at it's finest.

12. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

Nope, it's educated speculation. If a woman is sexually assaulted in the dark, there is no way to tell if the attacker was Trans, a woman with a strap-on or some other non binary snowflake. The police and the media will not say the gender of the attacker is unknown, they will call a spade a spade and say the attacker was a man. Is that sexist? Not at all!

13. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Sounds like she deserved to be fired. It's pretty clear cut.

14. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

but according to people here there is no racism.

15. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

That is correct, black people can't be racist.

16. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Anybody can be racist.

17. Robisan macrumors 6502

Or as a Donald Trump spokesperson.

18. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

19. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

That is incredible, but lets be fair, they will still mention the race when it's a white male.

I was looking at this video as I was reading this comment and it relates to what you said.

20. samiwas macrumors 65816

Is this when they have no idea who the shooter was? They just make up "white male shooter"? Not quite sure I've heard that.

I don't think the issue lies so much with assuming the attacker was black, but that because they are black, they must have multiple siblings from multiple fathers and their mothers obviously work multiple jobs (because, you know, poor black people), and that they must already be criminals.

21. DUCKofD3ATH, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2016

DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Your cited source failed to compare total number of victimizations, and race of offender with percentage of population:

Whites are 77.4% of the population, and they commit 42.9 percent of violent crimes
    Blacks are 13.2% of the pop., yet they commit 22.8 percent of violent crimes
    Hispanics are 17.4%, but they only commit 14.8% of violent crimes.
    Blacks commit far more violent crimes, given their percentage of the population.

Even those who ignorantly play the race card should be able to learn that basic fact.

22. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

Probably more like 4-5%, young black males 16-35 who are responsible for this wave of slaughter, a staggering stat indeed.
    "White" category is completely and intentionally hobbled by the feds since they lump in "hispanic" with white. In many criminal areas they are catching up to, and even surpassing, black crime - And in some areas, responsible for nearly 100% of gun violence between them.

NYPD stats: 70% of shooting suspects in first half of 2013 were black
    Data collected during the first six months of the year also reveal that 74% of the city's shooting victims were black, and an additional 21.5% were Hispanic. NYPD top cop Raymond Kelly has used similar numbers to justify stop-and-frisk, while black community activists say the frustrating statistics reflect the stark reality of economics in poorer neighborhoods.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/blacks-70-shooting-suspects-2013-nypd-article-1.1522917

I wouldn't see a problem with that, so long as there was a reasonable probability the perps were white. As you know, LE and media has no problems with race when the perps are white anyhow.
    I would only ask, in lieu on any info at all about the suspects, how you'd conclude they are white.

23. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

Suspect on Allegheny County sheriff's most wanted list arrested, questioned in Wilkinsburg case

Cheron Shelton, 29, was arrested early Friday and charged with receiving stolen property and illegally possessing a gun. He was taken to Allegheny County police headquarters for questioning in the Wilkinsburg deaths and later transported to the Allegheny County Jail, where he was being held on $250,000 bond.

[​IMG]

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...list-arrested-pittsburgh/stories/201603250203

24. Meister Suspended

Meister

All this racism is triggering me.
    I need my safspace now. [​IMG]

25. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Blacks and Hispanics between them make up half the population in New York. Plus New York is very segregated.

If you catch the A train from JFK you're the only white person on the train for much of the ride. And when you go up the Empire State Building all the employees are black - except the managers of course.